| Wyvern Portal Staff|
|First appearances||See History|
Wyvern Portal Staff
|Eye of Ender +|
Unicorn Horn or
Essence of Light +
Wyvern Lair Edit
The wyvern portal staff can be used in any Minecraft dimension (the Overworld, the Nether, or the End) to get to the Wyvern Lair.
To use the staff, right-click on any solid block (excluding water and lava blocks) to get to the Wyvern Lair. It has 4 uses, however, and in the Wyvern Lair itself, the staff can only be used where the quartz portal is to get back to the Overworld. A durability will be lost every time you enter and exit the dimension, so the staff can only last for two trips.
However, since a Nether portal can be built in the Wyvern Lair dimension, it raises the maximum use of the staff up to 4 trips. If used somewhere beside the quartz structure in the dimension, the staff will not lose durability and will not do anything.
- Game crashing bug when using staff in a bukkit server fixed on f639-279 snapshot.
- Wyvern portal staffs that have no saved coordinates (cheated or crafted at the Wyvern Lair) will teleport the player close to the spawn point instead of 0,0,0.
- If no empty space around the spawn point is found, the staff won't work.
- Staffs of Wyvern Lair are no longer damaged if they are used outside the portal.
The Wyvern Lair can only be accessed by using a wyvern portal staff. The staff has only four uses before it's destroyed.
The staff can be activated on any dimension, and it will teleport the player to the center of the Wyvern Lair dimension.
To return back, the staff has to be activated on the quartz portal of the Wyvern Lair.
- Despite the fact that the wyvern portal staff is made with an eye of ender, it cannot be used to locate strongholds.
- The staff can be applied with the Unbreaking enchantment to make its durability last longer.
Bone Amulet •
Crafted Saddle •
Elephant Chest •
Elephant Garment •