|Health points||40 ( × 20) to 80 ( × 40)|
|Attack strength|| Tier 1 wyvern: |
Easy: 3 ()
Normal: 5 ()
Hard: 7 ()
Tier 2 wyvern / mother wyvern:
Easy: 6 ()
Normal: 11 ()
Hard: 17 ( × 8.5)
for 10 sec ()
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them in the Wyvern Lair.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Rare drops||Egg (0-1)|
Wyverns spawn naturally on any opaque block in light levels of 9 or above in the Wyvern Lair.
Common wyverns are at least 2-3 blocks long and 3-4 blocks tall. Mother wyverns and tier 2 wyverns are about 8-9 blocks long and 4.5 blocks tall.
All wyverns (except for tamed wyverns) have a 10% chance to drop an egg upon death, and mother wyverns have a 33% chance to drop an egg.
Wyverns drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf. They will also drop anything equipped, such as a saddle, horse armor, chest, and all the contents of their inventory.
Wyverns will wander and fly around aimlessly in the Wyvern Lair, sometimes after flying for a while, they will let themselves float downward. If a wyvern gets below level 10 in the Wyvern Lair, they will despawn, but they don't take void damage. Wild wyverns will attack and occasionally poison the player within a 12-16 block radius.
They will only attack on Easy or higher difficulty; switching to Peaceful will not make them despawn. They will also attack any mob that provokes them, and may stop attacking and try to fly away aimlessly if their health is below half.
Tamed wyverns also wander and fly around aimlessly, but they might fly away if they have taken damage from a non-player source, therefore it is recommended to tie them to a fence with a lead or to put them in a roofed enclosure to prevent them from escaping. Another option is to use a whip on them and make them sit. Tamed wyverns will not attack you.
First, craft a wyvern portal staff, and then use it on any solid block to get to the Wyvern Lair. To get back to the Overworld, the staff must be used on the quartz structure that you arrived at. Kill any type of wyvern in the Wyvern Lair until one of them drops an egg. This can take many tries and the staff only lasts four trips, so be prepared to stay for a while.
Once an egg has been obtained, head back to the Overworld and place the egg there. The egg will then hatch into a friendly baby wyvern, and it will take about 1-2 Minecraft days (20 to 40 minutes) for the tamed wyvern to grow to full size (mother wyverns take longer to grow). After the tamed wyvern has grown up, it can then wear equipment and armor.
Food and essences Edit
Feeding a wyvern food or essences can restore its health or have various effects on them. The table below lists the effects of the various foods and essences wyverns will take. Wild wyverns cannot be fed food.
To feed a wyvern food, hold a valid food item and right-click on it. If the food is invalid, nothing will happen, unless the wyvern is saddled, in which the player will simply mount it. Wyverns can only be fed when feeding would have an effect, similar to other mobs.
|Raw Rat||Heals a tamed wyvern.|
|Raw Turkey||Heals a tamed wyvern.|
|Essence of Light||Turns a mother wyvern into a light wyvern.||Gives the player an egg of that type of wyvern if used on a normal wyvern.|
|Essence of Darkness||Turns a mother wyvern into a dark wyvern.||Gives the player an egg of that type of wyvern if used on a normal wyvern.|
|Essence of Undead||Turns a mother wyvern into an undead wyvern.||Gives the player an egg of that type of wyvern if used on a normal wyvern.|
|Essence of Fire||No effect.||-|
Wyverns can be equipped with either vanilla or crafted saddles so they can be ridden. Once a wyvern is tamed and saddled, the player can control it with standard directional controls, jump or fly (spacebar), and the mouse. You can dismount your wyvern by using the 'shift' key, and descend using the 'Z' key.
A player can use any item while riding a wyvern, including drinking or throwing potions; activating doors or redstone devices; using chests, crafting tables, and furnaces; breaking and placing blocks; and attacking with melee weapons or bows.
A ridden wyvern will automatically run up any one block high slope. They can also run very fast, and are one of the most, if not, the fastest mobs in Mo' Creatures. Wyverns can fly much faster than pegasus or fairy horses, as well as minecarts. They can even be combined with speed potions. A ridden wyvern can be made to jump, and holding the spacebar key will allow the wyvern to fly.
Wyverns can be equipped with horse armor can be used to reduce the damage it receives. All three types can be used, including iron, gold, or diamond. The only type of armor that wyverns can't wear is crystal mount armor. To place armor on a wyvern, right-click on it. To take the armor off, use shears or place the wyvern in a pet amulet.
A chest can be given to tamed wyvern to carry an inventory of 18 slots, which can be opened with shift and right-click.
A whip can be used to make tamed wyvern sit and remain stationary, this can prevent a tamed wyvern from flying away or getting lost.
Wyverns will typically spawn using one of 9 different skins. These include: green (jungle), yellow (sand), orange-red (savanna), light green (swamp), icy blue (Arctic), brown (mountain), grey (cave), blue (sea), and red (mother).
Mother wyverns Edit
Mother wyverns are the rarest wyverns in the Wyvern Lair. Their appearance is bright red, so don't get confused between a savanna wyvern and a mother. Wild mother wyverns are much smaller than tamed mother wyverns; roughly the size of common wyverns.
Since they are so rare, they can be very hard to find. Also, due to their egg drop being rare, the chance of the drop can be changed in the config file. After you hatch a mother wyvern egg and wait a while, you will see that they get bigger than the more common wyverns; mother wyverns are at least twice the size of normal wyverns when they are fully grown. A mother wyvern can be given either an essence of undead, dark, or light. However, since mother wyverns are red, they cannot be given an essence of fire.
Special variants Edit
There are four other types of wyverns, which are also tier 2 wyverns.
Ghost wyverns Edit
Ghost wyverns, like ghost horses and ghost big cats, have a chance of spawning when a tamed wyvern has been killed. Ghost wyverns can also wear saddles, chests, and horse armor. There is a 25% chance that a ghost wyvern will spawn when killed. A ghost wyvern can be considered a redeemed chance of your killed pet if you're lucky.
Wyverns can become a ghost regardless of their size (even if they're not fully grown). There are 12 types of ghost wyverns; wyverns that are killed will have their respective variant pass on into the ghost's form, and they each behave in the same way. It is possible to see through a ghost wyvern, as they are translucent.
A light wyverns is creamy-white in color, and can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of light.
A dark wyverns is black in color with red eyes. They can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of darkness.
An undead wyvern is rotting-green in color, and can be created by giving a mother wyvern an essence of undead. They take damage from splash potions of Instant Healing, but can be healed with splash potions of Harming. Undead wyverns also take extra damage from the Smite enchantment.
Command for obtaining wyvern eggs. For a full list of wyvern egg IDs, see the egg page. As of v12.0.3 though, all the wyvern eggs can be found in the creative menu.
|1.6 or earlier||/give @p 4101 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 [ID]|
- Fixed bug that made wyverns revert back to mother wyvern.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Wyvern speed, health, attack damage has been changed so that 2nd tier wyverns are now significantly better.
- Added wyvern ghosts.
- Synchronized wyvern wing flapping animations / sounds. The wing flap depending on the flight speed when ridden.
- Added transform animation to wyverns.
- Fixed wyverns not laying eggs.
- Fixed wyverns not dropping the correct egg type.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows you to spawn any type of wyvern instantly.
This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing.
Valid wyvern types:
Normal: 1-4, 6-12
An example of spawning a mother wyvern would be:
/mocspawn wyvern 5
v6.2.0 DEV R1 hotfix3 Edit
- Fixed new wyvern egg types not hatching.
v6.1.0 release Edit
- Fixed ostrich / wyvern flying.
v6.1.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Added new wyvern textures.
v5.2.5 DEV R1 Edit
- Fixed wyverns getting stuck under the Wyvern Lair. They will now kill themselves if they end up falling under the world.
v5.2.1 DEV Edit
- Fixed wyvern crash in singleplayer.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Wyverns will drop eggs on death even if they're not spawned in the wyvern lair.
- Mother wyverns now spawn 5% of the time (up from 3%).
- Fixed wyverns flying away after being tamed.
- Mother wyverns now have a 1/3 chance to drop eggs instead of 1/10.
v5.1.2 - DEV version Edit
- Added tier 2 wyverns.
Essences can be used on tamed mother wyverns to obtain the other tier 2 versions.
- Added undead wyverns.
- Increased wyvern size and speed.
v5.1.1 - DEV version Edit
- Added new undead wyvern obtained by giving an essence of undead to a tamed wyvern.
- Mounted wyverns now fly way faster.
- Wyverns 'stay' when using a whip near them, or by right-clicking on them while holding a whip.
- Improved despawning of wyverns in the wyvern lair to increase FPS/performance.
- Wyverns no longer take the whole stack of saddles when saddled.
- Wyverns are no longer attacked by the rider's sword.
- Increased health of wyverns.
- Added wyverns.
- Despite having reptilian features, like Komodo dragons and crocodiles, wyverns do not drop reptile hide.
- All wyverns (with the exception of tier 2 and mother wyverns) are named after a specific biome or ecosystem found on Earth; sand, swamp, jungle, mountain, Arctic, sea, cave, and savanna.
- After horses and big cats, wyverns have the third most variants, with 12 in total.
- As mother wyverns are red, it is not possible to give mother wyverns an essence of fire.
- Wyverns are the largest aggressive mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Wyverns fly at approximately 6 meters per second, which is about the same speed as flying in creative mode.
- Even though wyverns ate large and have high attack damage, tamed wyverns will not retaliate if attacked by another mob, even if a skeleton shoots an arrow at it.
- ↑ http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272337-mo-creatures-v8-0-0-with-ghost-wyverns-minecraft-1?page=3166#c64966
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern