Wyverns spawn naturally on any opaque block in light levels of 9 or above in the Wyvern Lair dimension.
Both normal and tier 2 wyverns are at least 2-3 blocks long and 3-4 blocks tall. Mother wyverns are about 4.5 blocks tall and 8-9 blocks long.
Common wyverns (sand, swamp, jungle, savanna and sand) and tier 2 wyverns (Arctic, mountain, cave and sea) have a 10% chance to drop an egg upon death. Mother wyverns have a 33% chance to drop an egg. Wyverns drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
If a wyvern was wearing armor, a chest or saddle, those items will be dropped when killed, (including any items that were stored in chests).
Wyverns will wander and fly around aimlessly in the Wyvern Lair, sometimes after flying for a while, they will let themselves floating downward. If a wyvern gets below level 10 in the Wyvern Lair, they will despawn automatically. Wild wyverns will attack and occasionally poison the player (if they touch the player).
Like other aggressive mobs, wild wyverns will notice the player within a 16 block radius. They will only attack on Easy or higher difficulty; switching to Peaceful will not make them despawn. They will also attack any mob that provokes them, and will stop attacking and try to fly away aimlessly if their health is below half.
Tamed wyverns Edit
Tamed wyverns will not fly around aimlessly, but will fly away if damaged from a non-player source, therefore it is recommended to tie them to a fence with a lead or to put them in a roofed enclosure to prevent them from escaping.
Tamed wyverns will not attack the player or any mob that provoked them, instead they will fly away if hit damaged by a non-player source like a skeleton shot, or a snow golem's snowball.
- Wyverns are dangerous mobs; their high attack damage, the ability to poison the player, and their flying ability makes them a challenge if not prepared.
- If a wyvern touches you, it will poison you for several seconds, which can quickly drain your health if you don't have milk or healing potions.
- Since wyverns are venomous, it is recommended to wear a full set of iron or better armor (it is recommended, but not entirely necessary, to have the armor with the Protection enchantment) or dirt scorpion armor, (the regeneration will help counteract the poison) or to bring lots of buckets of milk to the Wyvern Lair.
- An iron or better sword is recommended. If swords are not an option, since wyverns can fly, a bow can be used to shoot them down from a distance. You may also want to bring golden apples, since they provide health benefits such as regeneration and absorption.
- If you stop to use arrows, the wyvern(s) may fly off the island and the egg will be lost. Unlike the ender dragon, the flight path of wyverns can be unpredictable, making them much harder to hit.
First, the player should craft a wyvern portal staff. Use it on any surface to get to the Wyvern Lair. To get back to the Overworld, the staff must be used on the quartz structure that you arrived at. Kill any type of wyvern in the Wyvern Lair until one of them drops an egg. This can take many tries and the staff only lasts four trips, so be prepared to stay for a while.
Once an egg has been obtained, head back to the Overworld and hatch the egg there. The egg will then hatch into a friendly baby wyvern, and it will take about 1-2 Minecraft days (20 to 40 minutes) for the tamed wyvern to grow to full size (mother wyverns take longer to grow). After the tamed wyvern has grown up, it can then wear equipment and armor.
Wyverns can be equipped with a saddle, a chest, and horse armor. All of which can be removed with shears. Armor can also be removed by swapping it for different armor, or by placing the wyvern in a pet amulet.
Main article: Horse Armor
Horse armor can be used to reduce the damage a tamed wyvern receives. All three types of horse armor can be used, including iron, gold, or diamond. The only type of armor that wyverns can't wear is crystal mount armor.
Main article: Crafted Saddle
Both vanilla Minecraft and crafted saddles can be used to mount a tamed wyvern. Unlike horses, however, saddles cannot be used to ride on a wild wyvern.
Main article: Chest
A chest can be given to tamed wyvern to carry a small inventory, which in turn can be opened with shift and right-click. Prior to DEV v8.0.0, a key would be needed to open it.
Main article: Whip
A whip can be used to make tamed wyvern sit and remain stationary, this can be used to prevent a tamed wyvern from flying away or getting lost.
Note: If a tamed wyvern is attacked when you're not riding it (for example, gets hit by a stray arrow), it will get scared and fly away. If this happens, the wyvern must be chased down on another flying mount and caught with a lead, and then landed and mounted. This will calm it again and it will stay grounded. Even if you lose sight of the wyvern, it will eventually calm down and land again, but it may be difficult to find. If you have a whip, however, use it on them and they will sit, or tie it to a fence with a lead.
Wyverns will typically spawn using one of 9 different skins. These include: green (jungle), yellow (sand), orange-red (savanna), light green (swamp), icy blue (Arctic), brown (mountain), grey (cave), blue (sea), and red (mother).
Mother wyverns Edit
Mother wyverns are the rarest wyverns in the Wyvern Lair. Their appearance is bright red, so don't get confused between a savanna wyvern and a mother. The savanna wyvern is orange-red, whereas the mother wyvern is a much darker red. Wild mother wyverns are much smaller than tamed mother wyverns; roughly the size of common wyverns.
Since they are so rare, they are very hard to find. Also, due to their egg drop being rare, the chance of the drop can be changed in the config file. After you hatch a mother wyvern egg and wait a while, you will see that they get bigger than the more common wyverns (jungle, savanna, sand and swamp). Mother wyverns are at least twice the size of normal wyverns when they are fully grown. Giving any of the four essences to any of the four common wyvern types will have no effect, unless a tier 1 wyvern egg is desired.
Undead wyverns will take damage from splash potions of Instant Healing.
Special variants Edit
There are four other types of wyverns.
Ghost wyverns Edit
Ghost wyverns, like ghost horses and ghost big cats, have a chance of spawning when a tamed wyvern has been killed. Ghost wyverns can also wear saddles, chests, and horse armor. There is a 25% chance that a ghost wyvern will spawn when killed.
Wyverns can become a ghost regardless of their size (even if they're not fully grown). There are 12 types of ghost wyverns, and they each behave in the same way. It is possible to see through a ghost wyvern, as they are transparent.
Light wyverns are creamy-white in color, and can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of light.
Dark wyverns are black in color, and have red eyes. They can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of darkness.
Undead wyverns are rotting-green in color, and can be created by giving a mother wyvern an essence of undead.
Command for obtaining wyvern eggs. For a full list of wyvern egg ID's, see the egg page.
|1.6 or earlier||/give @p 4101 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 [ID]|
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Wyvern speed, health, attack damage has been changed so that 2nd tier wyverns are now significantly better.
- Added wyvern ghosts.
- Synchronized wyvern wing flapping animations / sounds. The wing flap depending on the flight speed when ridden.
- Mother wyverns that have been given an essence will now use the same transforming animation as horses.
- Added transform animation to wyverns.
- Fixed wyverns not laying eggs.
- Fixed wyverns not dropping the correct egg type.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows you to spawn any type of wyvern instantly.
- This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing.
Valid wyvern types:
Normal: 1-4, 6-12
An example of spawning a mother wyvern would be:
/mocspawn wyvern 5
v6.2.0 DEV R1 hotfix3 Edit
- Fixed new wyvern egg types not hatching.
v6.1.0 release Edit
- Fixed ostrich / wyvern flying.
v6.1.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Added new wyvern textures.
v5.2.5 DEV R1 Edit
- Fixed wyverns getting stuck under the wyvern lair. They will now kill themselves if they end up falling under the world.
v5.2.1 DEV Edit
- Fixed wyvern crash in singleplayer.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Wyverns will drop eggs on death even if they're not spawned in the wyvern lair.
- Mother wyverns now spawn 5% of the time (up from 3%).
- Mother wyverns now have a 1/3 chance to drop eggs instead of 1/10.
v5.1.2 - DEV version Edit
- Added tier 2 wyverns. The mother wyvern rarely spawns in the Wyvern Lair. It has a 10% chance of dropping eggs that can be used to obtain a tamed mother wyvern.
- Wyverns 'stay' when using a whip near them, or by right-clicking on them while holding a whip.
- Improved despawning of wyverns in the wyvern lair to increase FPS/performance.
- Wyverns no longer take a whole stack of crafted saddles when saddled.
- Wyverns no longer take damage from the player's fists or swords when being ridden.
- Increased health of wyverns.
- Added wyverns.
- After horses and big cats, wyverns have the third most variations of any mob, with 12 in total.
- Due to mother wyverns being red, it is not possible to give mother wyverns an essence of fire.
- Wyverns are the largest venomous and aggressive mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Wyverns fly at approximately 6 meters per second, which is about the same speed as flying in creative mode.
- Normal and tier 2 wyverns are all named after biomes, such as Arctic, sea, or savanna.
- ↑ http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272337-mo-creatures-v8-0-0-with-ghost-wyverns-minecraft-1?page=3166#c64966
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •