Opaque blocks at light levels of 9 or less in the Wyvern Lair.
Wyverns spawn naturally on any opaque block in light levels of 9 or above in the Wyvern Lair dimension.
Both normal and tier 2 wyverns are at least 2-3 blocks long and 3-4 blocks tall. Mother wyverns are about 4.5 blocks tall and 8-9 blocks long.
Wyverns have a 10% chance to drop an egg upon death, and mother wyverns have a 33% chance to drop an egg. Wyverns drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
If the wyvern was saddled, armored, or chest, they will drop anything equipped, as well as the contents of the chest.
Wyverns will wander and fly around aimlessly in the Wyvern Lair, sometimes after flying for a while, they will let themselves floating downward. If a wyvern gets below level 10 in the Wyvern Lair, they will despawn automatically. Wild wyverns will attack and occasionally poison the player (if they touch the player).
Like other aggressive mobs, wild wyverns will notice the player within a 16 block radius. They will only attack on Easy or higher difficulty; switching to Peaceful will not make them despawn. They will also attack any mob that provokes them, and will stop attacking and try to fly away aimlessly if their health is below half.
Tamed wyverns wander and fly around aimlessly, but will fly away if damaged from a non-player source, therefore it is recommended to tie them to a fence with a lead or to put them in a roofed enclosure to prevent them from escaping.
Tamed wyverns will not attack the player or any mob that provoked them, instead they will fly away if hit damaged by a non-player source like a skeleton shot, or a snow golem's snowball.
- Wyverns are dangerous mobs; their high attack damage, the ability to poison the player, and their flying ability makes them a challenge if not prepared.
- If a wyvern touches you, it will poison you for several seconds, which can quickly drain your health if you don't have milk or healing potions.
- Since wyverns are venomous, it is recommended to wear a full set of iron or better armor (it is recommended, but not entirely necessary, to have the armor with the Protection enchantment) or dirt scorpion armor, (the regeneration will help counteract the poison) or to bring lots of buckets of milk to the Wyvern Lair.
- An iron or better sword is recommended. If swords are not an option, since wyverns can fly, a bow can be used to shoot them down from a distance. You may also want to bring golden apples, since they provide health benefits such as regeneration and absorption.
- If you stop to use arrows, the wyvern(s) may fly off the island and the egg will be lost. Unlike the ender dragon, the flight path of wyverns can be unpredictable, making them much harder to hit.
First, craft a wyvern portal staff, and then use it on any surface to get to the Wyvern Lair. To get back to the Overworld, the staff must be used on the quartz structure that you arrived at. Kill any type of wyvern in the Wyvern Lair until one of them drops an egg. This can take many tries and the staff only lasts four trips, so be prepared to stay for a while.
Once an egg has been obtained, head back to the Overworld and hatch the egg there. The egg will then hatch into a friendly baby wyvern, and it will take about 1-2 Minecraft days (20 to 40 minutes) for the tamed wyvern to grow to full size (mother wyverns take longer to grow). After the tamed wyvern has grown up, it can then wear equipment and armor.
Wyverns can be equipped with horse armor can be used to reduce the damage it receives. All three types of horse armor can be used, including iron, gold, or diamond. The only type of armor that wyverns can't wear is crystal mount armor.
Wyverns can be equipped with either vanilla of crafted saddles so they can be ridden. Once a wyverns is tamed and saddled, the player can control it with standard directional controls, jump or fly (spacebar), and the mouse. You can dismount your wyvern by using the 'shift' key.
A player can use any item while riding a wyvern, including drinking or throwing potions; activating doors or redstone devices; using chests, crafting tables, and furnaces; breaking and placing blocks; and attacking with melee weapons or bows.
A ridden wyvern will automatically run up any one block high slope. They can also run very fast, and are the fastest mobs in the mod. Wyverns can fly much faster than pegasus or fairy horses, as well as minecarts. They can even be combined with speed potions. A ridden wyvern can be made to jump, and holding the spacebar key will allow the wyvern to fly. Wyverns can descend by pressing and holding the 'Z' key.
A chest can be given to tamed wyvern to carry an inventory of 18 slots, which in turn can be opened with shift and right-click.
A whip can be used to make tamed wyvern sit and remain stationary, this can prevent a tamed wyvern from flying away or getting lost.
Wyverns will typically spawn using one of 9 different skins. These include: green (jungle), yellow (sand), orange-red (savanna), light green (swamp), icy blue (Arctic), brown (mountain), grey (cave), blue (sea), and red (mother).
Mother wyverns Edit
Mother wyverns are the rarest wyverns in the Wyvern Lair. Their appearance is bright red, so don't get confused between a savanna wyvern and a mother. The savanna wyvern is orange-red, whereas the mother wyvern is a much darker red. Wild mother wyverns are much smaller than tamed mother wyverns; roughly the size of common wyverns.
Since they are so rare, they are very hard to find. Also, due to their egg drop being rare, the chance of the drop can be changed in the config file. After you hatch a mother wyvern egg and wait a while, you will see that they get bigger than the more common wyverns (jungle, savanna, sand and swamp). Mother wyverns are at least twice the size of normal wyverns when they are fully grown. Giving any of the four essences to any of the four common wyvern types will have no effect, unless a tier 1 wyvern egg is desired.
Undead wyverns will take damage from splash potions of Instant Healing.
Special variants Edit
There are four other types of wyverns, which are also tier 2 wyverns.
Ghost wyverns Edit
Ghost wyverns, like ghost horses and ghost big cats, have a chance of spawning when a tamed wyvern has been killed. Ghost wyverns can also wear saddles, chests, and horse armor. There is a 25% chance that a ghost wyvern will spawn when killed.
Wyverns can become a ghost regardless of their size (even if they're not fully grown). There are 12 types of ghost wyverns, and they each behave in the same way. It is possible to see through a ghost wyvern, as they are transparent.
Light wyverns are creamy-white in color, and can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of light.
Dark wyverns are black in color, and have red eyes. They can be obtained by giving a mother wyvern an essence of darkness.
Undead wyverns are rotting-green in color, and can be created by giving a mother wyvern an essence of undead.
Command for obtaining wyvern eggs. For a full list of wyvern egg ID's, see the egg page.
|1.6 or earlier||/give @p 4101 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 [ID]|
- Fixed bug that made wyverns revert back to mother wyvern.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Wyvern speed, health, attack damage has been changed so that 2nd tier wyverns are now significantly better.
- Added wyvern ghosts.
- Synchronized wyvern wing flapping animations / sounds. The wing flap depending on the flight speed when ridden.
- Added transform animation to wyverns.
- Fixed wyverns not laying eggs.
- Fixed wyverns not dropping the correct egg type.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows you to spawn any type of wyvern instantly.
This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing.
Valid wyvern types:
Normal: 1-4, 6-12
An example of spawning a mother wyvern would be:
/mocspawn wyvern 5
v6.2.0 DEV R1 hotfix3 Edit
- Fixed new wyvern egg types not hatching.
v6.1.0 release Edit
- Fixed ostrich / wyvern flying.
v6.1.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Added new wyvern textures.
v5.2.5 DEV R1 Edit
- Fixed wyverns getting stuck under the Wyvern Lair. They will now kill themselves if they end up falling under the world.
v5.2.1 DEV Edit
- Fixed wyvern crash in singleplayer.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Wyverns will drop eggs on death even if they're not spawned in the wyvern lair.
- Mother wyverns now spawn 5% of the time (up from 3%).
- Fixed wyverns flying away after being tamed.
- Mother wyverns now have a 1/3 chance to drop eggs instead of 1/10.
v5.1.2 - DEV version Edit
- Added tier 2 wyverns.
Essences can be used on tamed mother wyverns to obtain the other tier 2 versions.
- Added undead wyverns.
- Increased wyvern size and speed.
v5.1.1 - DEV version Edit
- Added new undead wyvern obtained by giving an essence of undead to a tamed wyvern.
- Mounted wyverns now fly way faster.
- Wyverns 'stay' when using a whip near them, or by right-clicking on them while holding a whip.
- Improved despawning of wyverns in the wyvern lair to increase FPS/performance.
- Wyverns no longer take the whole stack of saddles when saddled.
- Wyverns are no longer attacked by the rider's sword.
- Increased health of wyverns.
- Added wyverns: Wyverns are poisonous drakes, they can be found on the Wyvern Lair.
Wyvern eggs can be obtained by slaying wyverns (but only on the wyvern lair). A wyvern has a 10% chance of dropping an egg.
The egg can be hatched in the overworld by placing it near a torch and once the wyvern grows, it can be saddled and armored.
The wyvern lair can only be accessed by using a wyvern portal staff. The staff has only four uses before it's destroyed.
The staff can be activated on any dimension, and it will teleport the player to the center of the wyvern lair dimension.
To return back, the staff has to be activated on the quartz portal of the wyvern lair.
- All wyverns (with the exception of tier 2 and mother wyverns) are named after a specific biome or ecosystem found on Earth; sand, swamp, jungle, mountain, Arctic, sea, cave and savanna.
- After horses and big cats, wyverns have the third most variations of any mob, with 12 in total.
- Due to mother wyverns being red, it is not possible to give mother wyverns an essence of fire.
- Wyverns are the largest aggressive mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Wyverns fly at approximately 6 meters per second, which is about the same speed as flying in creative mode.
- ↑ http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272337-mo-creatures-v8-0-0-with-ghost-wyverns-minecraft-1?page=3166#c64966
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •