Wyverns are venomous, hostile tamable mobs found in the Wyvern Lair.
Wyverns spawn naturally on any opaque block in light levels of 9 or less in the Wyvern Lair dimension.
Wyverns in the Mo' Creatures mod are based on wyverns in legends; two-legged reptilian creatures with a dragon's head and wings and a barbed tail.
All types of wyverns (with the exception of ghost wyverns) have a 1/10 chance to drop 0-1 eggs. Mother wyverns have a 1/3 chance to drop 0-1 mother wyvern eggs. Wyverns drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
If the wyvern was armored, chested, or saddled, those items will be dropped upon death.
Wyverns will wander and fly around aimlessly in the wyvern lair. They will attack and occasionally poison the player from within a 16 block radius. They will only attack on Easy or higher difficulty; switching to the Peaceful setting will not make them despawn.
Tamed wyverns will also fly around aimlessly, therefore it is recommended to tie them to a fence with a lead or to put them in a roofed enclosure to prevent them from escaping.
They are dangerous mobs, and their high attack damage, the ability to poison the player, and their flying ability makes them a challenge if not prepared.
- Since wyverns are venomous, it is recommended to wear a full set of diamond armor (it is recommended, but not entirely necessary, to enchant the armor with Protection) or dirt scorpion armor, (the regeneration will help counteract the poison) or to bring lots of buckets of milk to the Wyvern Lair.
- An iron or better sword is recommended. If swords are not an option, since wyverns can fly, a bow can be used to shoot them down from a distance. You may also want to bring golden apples, since they provide health benefits such as regeneration and absorption.
- If you stop to use arrows, the wyvern/s may fly off the island and the egg will be lost. Unlike the ender dragon, the flight path of wyverns can be unpredictable, making them much harder to hit.
First, the player should craft a wyvern portal staff and use it on any surface to get to the Wyvern Lair. To get back to the Overworld, the staff must be used on the quartz structure that the player arrived at. Kill any type of wyvern in the Wyvern Lair until one of them drops an egg. This can take many tries and the staff only lasts for four trips, so you should be prepared to stay for a while.
Once an egg has been obtained, head back to the Overworld and hatch the egg there. It will take a short period of time to hatch, and about 1-2 Minecraft days (20 to 40 minutes) for the tamed wyvern to grow to full size (mother wyverns take longer to grow). After the tamed wyvern has grown up, it can then wear equipment and armor.
Wyverns can be given equipped with many items. Both equipment and armor can be removed with shears. Armor can also be removed by swapping it for different armor, or by placing the wyvern in a pet amulet
Main article: Horse Armor
Horse armor can be used to reduce the damage a tamed wyvern receives. All three types of horse armor can be used, including iron, gold, or diamond. The only type of armor they can't wear is crystal mount armor.
Main article: Crafted Saddle
Both vanilla Minecraft and crafted saddles can be used to mount a tamed wyvern. Unlike horses, however, saddles cannot be used to mount a wild wyvern.
A chest can be given to tamed wyvern to carry a small inventory, which in turn can be opened with shift and right-click. Prior to DEV v8.0.0, a key would be needed to open it.
Main article: Whip
A whip can be used to make tamed wyvern sit and remain stationary, this can be used to prevent your tamed wyvern from flying away or getting lost.
Note: If a tamed wyvern is attacked when you are not riding it (for example, gets hit by a stray arrow), it will get scared and fly away. If this happens, the wyvern must be chased down on another flying mount and caught with a lead, and then landed and mounted. This will calm it again and it will stay grounded. Even if you lose sight of the wyvern, it will eventually calm down and land again, but it may be difficult to find. If you have a whip, however, use it on them and they will sit.
These are all of the different wyverns in Mo' Creatures. These can all be obtained as eggs, by using the following command(s):
|1.6 or earlier||/give @p 4101 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 [ID]|
For example, if you want a mother wyvern egg, input the following command: /give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 54
Ghost wyverns, like ghost horses, have a chance of spawning when a tamed wyvern has been killed. Ghost wyverns can also wear saddles, chests, and horse armor. There is a 25% chance that a ghost wyvern will spawn when killed.
Wyverns can become a ghost wyvern regardless if they are fully grown or not. There are 12 types of ghost wyverns, and they each behave in the same way. It is possible to see through a ghost wyvern, as they are transparent.
Mother wyverns are the rarest wyverns in the Wyvern Lair. Their appearance is bright red, so don't get confused between a savanna wyvern and a mother. The savanna wyvern is orange red, whereas the mother wyvern is much more red. Untamed mother wyverns are much smaller than tamed mother wyverns.
Since they are so rare, they are very hard to find. After you hatch a mother wyvern egg and wait a while, you will see that they get bigger than the more common wyverns (jungle, savanna, sand and swamp) . Mother wyverns are at least the size of a tamed tier 2 wyvern when they are fully grown. Giving any of the four essences to any of the four common wyvern types will have no effect, unless a tier 1 wyvern egg is desired.
Undead wyverns will take damage from splash potions of Instant Healing.
- A mother wyvern will become a light wyvern after given an essence of light.
- A mother wyvern will become a dark wyvern after given an essence of darkness.
- A mother wyvern will become an undead wyvern after given an essence of undead.
- After horses, wyverns have the most variations of any mob, with 12 in total.
- Due to mother wyverns being red, it is not possible to give mother wyverns an essence of fire.
- Wyverns are the largest venomous and aggressive mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Wyverns fly at approximately 6 meters per second, which is about the same speed as flying in creative mode.
- ↑ http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272337-mo-creatures-v8-0-0-with-ghost-wyverns-minecraft-1?page=3166#c64966
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •