| Wild Wolf|
|Health points||15 ()|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 3 () |
Normal: 3 ()
Hard: 4 ()
|Spawn||Light level of 7 or less anywhere but transparent blocks (half blocks, glass, TNT etc).|
Wild wolves are common neutral mobs found in the Overworld.
Wild wolves spawn on the surface of the Overworld at light levels of 7 or less.
Wild wolves will drop 0-2 fur when killed. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
They spawn in dimly lit places like hostile mobs, and will attack the player during the day if provoked or in places with a light level of 9 or less. At night, wild wolves roam the Overworld in small packs of 1-4. Wild wolves also howl and open their mouths occasionally. They will also attack mobs such as kitties, chickens, pigs and sheep.
- Wild wolves are not considered to be dangerous mobs, as they can be killed in just a few hits with an iron or better sword.
- Like rats, they may become a nuisance when fighting more dangerous mobs, such as ogres or big golems. Be sure to deal with wolves before taking on more dangerous mobs.
- Compared to other mobs, wild wolves should be considered a low or medium-priority threat, due to their health and attack strength.
- Any wolf with a skeleton, silver skeleton or zombie riding it will gain a significant speed boost.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Skeletons, silver skeletons and zombies can now ride wolves as well as mob horses.
- Fixed animation bug with wolves mouth.
- Fixed bug with wild wolves snouts.
- Fixed bug with snouts being off 1 pixel when wolves rotate their heads.
- Reduced default frequency of wild wolves.
- Wolves won't hunt in peaceful difficulty.
- Wolves will attack pigs, chickens and sheep, in addition to players during night.
- Wolves share the same models as werewolves, but instead walk on all fours.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern