- "Sadly, without the human part, they wouldn't be werewolves. And what may make some people uncomfortable is the moral dilemma. Do I slain the human? If you stop to think about it, I did what I could to make you feel bad about yourself by killing the humans. They plead, they cry, they look miserable, they drop garbage. Would you rather face the werewolf at night? Then you will get better drops but you need to be prepared."
Werewolves are neutral mobs that have the ability to shape-shift.
Werewolves naturally spawn on top of solid blocks in the Overworld in light levels of 7 or less.
In human form, werewolves use one of four different skins that use a model that replicates the stance of the player. These skins come with either black, brown, white or red hair. The color of their hair will determine what color werewolf they will turn into.
In wolf form, werewolves will be either white, black, brown, or have a fiery red texture similar to that of a nightmare's coat.
Werewolves in human form drop:
Werewolves in wolf form drop:
- 0–2 Golden Apple
- 0–2 Stone Sword
- 0–2 Stone Axe
- 0–2 Stone Pickaxe
- 0–2 Stone Shovel
- 0–2 Stone Hoe
- 0–2 Iron Sword
- 0–2 Iron Hoe
- 0–2 Iron Axe
- 0–2 Iron Pickaxe
- 0–2 Iron Shovel
These drops can be increased with the Looting enchantment. Werewolves also drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf, regardless of the werewolf's form.
In human form, werewolves wander around aimlessly and do not react to being hit.
If you hit a werewolf in its human form, or when it transforms, it will shout in pain or complain about being hurt.
A werewolf has two forms: a human and wolf form. They take their passive human form during the day. At night, they take on their hostile wolf form.
When night comes, a werewolf in human form will begin its transformation, and it becomes hostile. Werewolves in wolf form will howl and growl occasionally. They will become aggressive towards the player within a 16 block radius. The wolf form may sometimes stand upright, but they can run on all fours for extra speed when in pursuit of a player.
Using a bow against a werewolf will not kill them (unless they have at least 1 () health, due to their resistance to most weapons. Any other weapons, including fists and tools, have a very small damage value and a minuscule knockback effect when hitting it in wolf form, but in human form they are harmless and can be killed easily. The werewolf's only weakness whilst in wolf form is the Silver Sword.
When the sun rises, the werewolf will revert back into its usual human form again, instead of catching fire like other hostile mobs.
Werewolves have 40 ( × 20) health points, and are resistant to all weapons except for silver swords. All other weapons, including axes, swords and bows, will only deal 1 () damage, regardless of their enchantments.
When a werewolf spots the player, its speed will increase to about that of the player's walking speed. Occasionally, the werewolf will hunch down on all fours and their speed will increase significantly. Like spiders, they will occasionally pounce at the player when in close proximity. Fire werewolves can set the player on fire for a few seconds after being touched by one.
- Fixed crashing bug when hitting werewolves with a tool.
- Werewolves will receive higher damage from items / weapons with 'silver' in the unlocalized name or name of the material. They won't receive extra damage from gold weapons.
- Werewolves won't complain as much when transforming from human to werewolf form.
- Improved werewolves moving speed when hunched.
- Fixed bounding box of werewolves.
- Changed werewolf model and textures, added different kinds of werewolves.
- Fixed bug with werewolves not finding targets.
- Fixed werewolf death bug.
- Fixed werewolves doing damage from a distance.
- Fixed bug with werewolves attacking themselves.
- Removed 'annoying' werewolf / human sounds.
- Werewolves now spawn only on Normal or higher difficulty. Spawn rate also decreased.
- Added werewolves to the full version of the mod.
- Added werewolves.
- In the textures folder, the human form werewolves are called "weredude", "wereoldie" "werehuman" and "werewoman".
- Werewolves are the only mobs that take extra damage from a weapon, that being the silver sword.
- While in their human form, werewolves have the same hit box as the player.
- Iron golems will attack werewolves regardless of their form, even if they are in human form.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern