|Health points||40 ( × 20)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 2 ()
Hard: 3 ()
|Spawn||Light level of 7 or less and 1×2 space anywhere but transparent blocks (half blocks, glass, TNT etc).|
|First appearances||See History|
Human form hurt
Human form death
Werewolves are neutral mobs that shape-shift at night.
Werewolves naturally spawn on top of solid blocks in the Overworld in light levels of 7 or less.
In human form, werewolves come with either black, brown, white or red hair. The color of their hair determines what color they will turn into in wolf form.
In wolf form, werewolves will be either white, black, brown or have a fiery red texture similar to that of a nightmare's coat.
Werewolves in human form drop 0-2 sticks and 0-2 wooden tools or weapons upon death.
If killed in its wolf form, it will drop a range of valuable or semi-valuable items, which includes 0-2 golden apples, as well as 0-2 stone and iron tools and 0-2 iron or stone weapons. Werewolves drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf, regardless of the werewolf's form.
A werewolf has two forms: a human and wolf form. They take their passive human form during the day.
Human form Edit
In human form, there are three male models, and one that is female; these models replicate the stance of players. Werewolves in human form wander around aimlessly.
If you hit a werewolf in its human form, or when it transforms, it will either say "You're hurting me, stop it!" or they shout in pain.
Wolf form Edit
When it turns dark the werewolf, that was formerly a human, will transform into its vicious wolf form and it becomes hostile. Werewolves in wolf form will howl and growl occasionally. They will become aggressive towards the player within a 16 block radius. The wolf form may sometimes stand upright, but they can run on all fours for extra speed if need be.
When attacking the player, the fire werewolf can set you on fire for a period of time. When attacking a player, werewolves will occasionally charge into them, much like vanilla spiders.
When the sun rises, the werewolf will revert back into its usual human form again, instead of catching fire like other hostile mobs.
- When a werewolf is in its wolf form, the most effective weapon to kill it is with a silver sword, obtained from silver skeletons. This sword can kill a werewolf in about four hits.
- Any other weapons, including fists and tools, have a very small damage value and a minuscule knockback effect when hitting it in wolf form, but in human form they are harmless and can be killed easily. It is therefore best to kill a werewolf when in human form as early as possible before night comes.
- Avoid werewolves if you are not protected with decent armor, as they are very fast mobs. If a werewolf is gaining on you, sprint away from it or find shelter.
- Using a bow against werewolves will not kill them (unless they have at least 1 () health, due to their resistance to most weapons. For example, while a diamond sword usually has higher damage against mobs compared to a silver sword, it will take many hits for it to kill a werewolf. Silver swords, however, can kill a werewolf in just a few hits, and if you have a tamed wolf that will attack the werewolf for you, it will take more damage from it.
- Since werewolves spawn in dark places, consider lighting up your house with torches or other light sources to prevent them from spawning in such areas.
- Fixed crashing bug when hitting werewolves with a tool.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Werewolves will receive higher damage from items / weapons with 'silver' in the unlocalized name or name of the material. They won't receive extra damage from gold weapons.
- Werewolves won't complain as much when transforming from human to werewolf form.
- Improved werewolves moving speed when hunched.
- Fixed bounding box of bears, turkeys, werewolves.
- Changed werewolf model and textures, added different kinds of werewolves.
- Fixed bug with werewolves not finding targets.
- Fixed werewolf death bug.
- Fixed werewolves doing damage from a distance.
- Fixed bug with werewolves attacking themselves.
- Removed 'annoying' werewolf / human sounds.
- Werewolves now spawn only on Normal or higher difficulty. Spawn rate also decreased.
- Added werewolves to the full version of the mod.
- Added werewolves.
- In the textures folder, the human form werewolves are called "weredude", "wereoldie" "werehuman" and "werewoman".
- Werewolves are the only mobs in Mo' Creatures that take extra damage from a weapon, that being the silver sword.
- While in their human form, werewolves have the same hit box as player, therefore they will be able to sit in boats
- Iron golems will still attack werewolves, even if they are in their human form.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern