|Health points||15 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them in swamp biomes.|
|Common drops||Raw Turtle (0-2)|
|Rare drops||see Drops|
Natural generation Edit
Turtles spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above in swamps. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Turtles are small mobs covered with a large shell; it makes them invulnerable to most attacks. They are however, vulnerable when flipped over. They are based on actual turtles, but they don't depend entirely on water, though they can swim in it.
When killed, turtles drop from 0 to 2 raw turtle meat. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
If a turtle has been named after one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles characters, they will have a chance to drop their own specific weapon when killed:
- Turtle was named Leonardo: Drops a katana.
- Turtle was named Donatello: Drops a bo.
- Turtle was named Michelangelo: Drops a nunchaku.
- Turtle was named Raphael: Drops a sai.
Turtles act like most passive mobs; they wander around aimlessly, avoiding cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and usually stay out of water (although they can swim in it). Turtles will hiss and retreat into their shells when anything larger than them approaches, including the player.
Turtles can be flipped onto their back by right-clicking on them, and it takes several seconds for them to flip themselves back over. When a turtle has taken damage, a 'clang' sound can be heard. Turtles are resistant to most attacks if its inside it's shell, so you have to flip it and then hit it afterwards.
To tame a turtle, it needs to be given sugar cane or a melon slice by dropping it near the turtle you want to tame. You have to drop it on the block they're hiding on, otherwise they wont eat it, and then wait for the turtle to eat the food item(s). Turtles will not eat the sugar cane(s) or melon slice(s) if they are inside their shells, so you must back away after dropping the food in order for the turtle to be tamed. Tamed turtles can be healed by feeding them sugar cane or melon slices.
A tamed turtle can be placed on your head by right-clicking on it. Turtles on the ground will follow the player regardless of what is in hand. One must be careful when owning a turtle, as it may be vulnerable to attacks by untamed scorpions or other mobs.
Once tamed, turtles will automatically grow, regardless of where they are or what they are fed. They can even be left in a cave, alone with no food, and will still grow. It's also possible to feed them melon slices to make them grow slowly.
Easter egg Edit
If a tamed turtle has been named after any of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle characters, (Leonardo - blue, Michelangelo - orange, Donatello - purple, Raphael - red) they will bear outfits and weapons reminiscent of the ninja turtles from the comics.
- Turtles are tamed in a similar manner to birds; by throwing a food near them and waiting for them to eat it.
- Even if a turtle has grown to its maximum size, it can still be placed on the player's head. In real life, this would be impossible due to its weight.
- At full size, turtles are one of the largest passive mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Like tamed bunnies and birds, riding a horse with a tamed turtle on your head will give the horse a power-charge. This does however, make the horse very hard to control.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Easter egg that features this mob.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •