|Health points||20 ( × 10)|
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Hurt & Death
Stingrays are tamable aquatic mobs.
Stingrays spawn naturally in ocean and deep ocean biomes.
Stingrays do not drop anything upon death, but they will drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Stingrays wander around aimlessly, and occasionally appear to hide in blocks that lie at the bottom of the water. Stingrays will poison the player if they either get too close. Stingrays are neutral mobs, and will attack you if you attack them.
Stingrays suffocate if they are beached onto land for too long. While on land, they do not move, and stay stationary until they suffocate. They can take fall damage and burn like any land mob, but they cannot drown.
A stingray can be tamed by either mounting it several times until the naming screen appears (it will kick you off many times), or by right-clicking on a stingray with a fish net in hand. When tamed, they are passive and will not poison you. Stingrays can also be ridden like manta rays.
- Split stingrays and manta rays.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Fixed ray taming with the fish net.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Stingrays can now be caught and tamed with a fish net.
- Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players riding a boat.
- Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players out of water.
- Added stingrays.
- If provoked, stingrays will raise their tail and poison you, as if they were stinging the player with poison.
- They do not do this if the player gets too close.
See also Edit
- Manta Ray — a larger variation of this mob.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern