|Health points||10 ()|
|Attack strength|| Easy and Normal: 2 ()
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them. Can also spawn in the Wyvern Lair.|
|Drops||0-2 eggs (name varies on type)|
Snakes spawn on grass, mycelium or Wyvern Lair grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Snakes have a chance to drop 0-2 eggs when killed. The egg dropped depends on the type of Snake. For example, if a Rattlesnake drops eggs when killed, they will be Rattlesnake eggs.
Note: Each Snake has their own behavior, and some may be harder to find than others. Snakes may be passive or hostile depending on the species.
If a player is holding a Mouse or Bird near a Snake and then drops it, the Snake will hunt down and attack the Mouse.
There are three different types of behaviors a Snake can have.
There are two passive Snakes. Snakes such as the Dark Snake and the Spotted Snake will flee from the player when approached, and they won't attack the player even if attacked first. The Snake may still lift its head, but it tends to flee most of the time.
There are six aggressive Snakes, and they will lift up their heads and hiss when the player is near them as a warning. If the player moves three blocks away, the Snake will ignore the player. However, if the player continues to remain in the range of a hostile Snake, it will become aggressive and attack the player, with some species capable of poisoning him/her with a Poison III effect. Most hostile Snakes are venomous.
A tamed Snake is passive, and will never attack the player. It also won't retreat from the player when approached. For some reason, Snakes that are tamed will still lift up their heads whenever the player is near, but they won't attack. It's possible that this is a glitch.
If a Snake egg is placed in a well lit area, it will hatch a tamed Snake after a certain period of time. A tamed Snake can be picked up by right-clicking on it, and can be placed down by right-clicking again. Tamed Snakes can be healed with Raw Rat.
As time passes, the Snake will grow larger until it reaches its maximum size. Green Snakes, Coral Snakes and Spotted Snakes stay relatively small, but Pythons and Cobras can grow relatively large.
- Snakes can be healed with Raw Rat.
- Tamed Snakes can now be named with a Medallion or Book.
- Fixed Snake head rotation bug.
- Fixed pet mounting bug with Snakes and other mobs.
- Fixed Snake attack animation.
- Increased speed of Snakes.
- Snakes are slightly faster.
- Snakes were added.
- Attacking one Snake will not provoke other Snakes in the area. This can be used to one's advantage to make eggs easier to obtain.
- Pythons can slither on top of water and don't become submerged like other Snakes.
- If the player is carrying a Bird, a Mouse, or a Bunny, he/she will attract the attention of a Snake.
- Snakes will never take fall damage, even when the player lifts it up into the air and drops it.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •