Snakes are reptiles that come in eight varieties: the Python, the Cobra, the Green Snake, the Orange Snake, the Dark Snake, the Coral Snake, the Spotted Snake and the Rattle Snake. Each snake has their own behavior, and some may be harder to find than others.
In the overworld, snakes are found in particular biomes. All snakes can befound in the Wyvern Lair.
As of the 4.5.1 update, tamed Snakes can be healed by feeding them Raw Rat.
|Green Snake||Common||Aggressive||Swamps, Plains|
(actual in game typo)
|Rare||Aggressive||Plains, Mooshroom Biome, Jungle|
|Dark Snake||Rare||Passive||Plains, Forests, Swamps|
|Coral Snake||Rare||Aggressive||Plains, Forests|
There are three different types of behaviors a Snake can have. This depends on their type and whether or not they are tamed.
These Snakes will lift their heads and hiss when the player is near them as a warning. If the player moves three blocks away, the Snake will ignore the player. However if the player remains in the range of the hostile Snake, it will become aggressive and attack the player. Most hostile Snakes are venomous. Hostile Snakes include Pythons, Cobras, Rattle Snakes, Coral Snakes, Orange Snakes and Green Snakes.
Snakes such as the Dark Snake and the Spotted Snake will slither away from the player when approached, and won't attack the player even if it has been attacked first.
A tamed Snake will never attack the player,and it won't retreat from the player when approached.
Obtaining a Tamed SnakeEdit
Snakes drop 0-3 eggs of its type when killed, which are able to be picked up by the player. If a Snake Egg is placed in a well lit area, it will hatch a tamed Snake after a certain period of time. A tamed Snake can be picked up by right-clicking on it, then placed down by right-clicking again.
As time passes, the Snake will grow larger until it reaches its maximum size. Green Snakes, Coral Snakes and Spotted Snakes stay relatively small while Pythons and Cobras can grow quite large.
- Attacking one Snake will not provoke other Snakes in the area. This can be used to one's advantage to make eggs easy to obtain.
- Pythons can slither on top of water and don't become submerged like other Snakes.
- If you are carrying a Bird, a Mice, or a Bunny, you will attract the attention of a Snake, which hunts down small creatures.
- Coral Snakes, Cobras, Rattle Snakes, Green Snakes and Orange Snakes are venomous and will poison the player when attacking.
- Snakes will never take fall damage, even when the player lifts it up in the air and drops it.
- In the inventory, Orange Snake Eggs are called "Orage Snake Eggs"