| Small Fish|
|Health points||4 ()|
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops|| Raw Fish (0-2) |
|Sounds|| Hurt & Death
Small fish are tamable mobs found in oceans.
Small fish spawn in water between layers 46 and sea level in ocean and deep ocean biomes.
Small fish come in eight different colors. These include grey (anchovy), yellow-white stripes (angelfish), dark grey with blue spots (angler), blue (hippotang), orange striped (clownfish) yellow-gold (goldfish), orange with blue stripes (mandarin), and red (piranha).
When killed, small fish drop 0-2 raw fish and 0-2 eggs. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Small fish are always passive towards the player, except for piranhas, which attack the player on sight.
They swim around almost immediately when first spawned into the world and wander around aimlessly, swimming up and down through each layer. Occasionally, small fish will stay in one spot for a while. They are not attracted to light, and do not deliberately interact with the player, other than swimming away from the player when approached. They will also swim towards a fish hook that is used in water. They can then be reeled in this way with a fishing rod.
Small fish suffocate if they are beached on land for too long. While on land, they do not move, and stay stationary until they suffocate. They can take fall damage and burn like any mob, but they cannot drown.
Herd following Edit
Piranhas have a 'herd following AI', in which they hang out in a group. If one wanders away the others follow it. When piranhas attack, they remain in the group and sometimes one moves towards the player, attacks and returns back to the group. Sometimes one moves towards the player but doesn't attack and returns to the group, and acts as a sort of 'shy'/aggressive behavior.
Small fish are tamed by using a fish net on them. The net will catch the fish, which will then appear in your inventory. After being released from the net, the naming screen will appear and the fish will be tamed. Small fish can be also be tamed by hatching their eggs in water.
There are eight types of small fish.
Commands for obtaining any of the small fish eggs. These commands work for both 1.7, 1.8, 1.8.9, and 1.10.2 versions of Mo' Creatures.
|Anchovy egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 80|
|Angelfish egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 81|
|Angler egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 82|
|Clownfish egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 83|
|Goldfish egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 84|
|Hippotang egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 85|
|Manderin egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 86|
|Piranha egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 90|
- Small fish were split into separate entities.
- Piranhas now move as a group and attack differently.
- Fixed small fish not dropping the correct egg type.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Added small fish.
- Piranhas are now a separate mob.
- Piranhas will no longer cause damage to a player when riding an entity or a boat.
- In-game, small fish are called "SmallFish".
- Small fish are one of the smallest, if not the smallest mobs in Mo' Creatures. They come in random sizes, but some can even be smaller than ants.
- When out of water, like other aquatic mobs, small fish are extremely resistant to knockback.
- The appearance of piranhas is based on the red-bellied piranha.
- Piranhas are the smallest hostile mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Formerly, piranhas were red fishies, but they were revamped and classed as a separate mob in v5.2.0 DEV.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern