Sharks are tamable mobs that spawn in oceans.
Sharks spawn in ocean and deep ocean biomes that is at least 2 blocks deep and around 6-8 blocks wide/deep.
Sharks are 0.5 blocks wide and 3 blocks long at first, but can grow up to 1 block wide and 6 blocks long.
When killed, sharks will drop 0-3 shark teeth (60% chance), and have a 10% chance to drop an egg. Eggs can only be obtained if the difficulty is set to Easy or higher. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Sharks are hostile mobs; they will attack and pursue any nearby players that are in the water, if within 16 blocks of a shark. They will also attack squids. Sharks have high attack damage, and can kill an unprotected player in about three or four hits, depending on the difficulty.
Sharks will not attack on Peaceful difficulty, but they will still attempt to chase you.
A shark can be tamed by hatching a shark egg in water. In order to get a tamed shark, the egg must be hatched by placing it in a body of water, which will hatch into a friendly baby shark. Tamed sharks will not attack the player or other sharks.
A tamed shark can be moved with the use of a fish net. There is no current way, however, to heal a tamed shark by "feeding" it. The only way to heal a tamed shark is to throw a splash potion of Healing or Regeneration at it.
If you cannot get a shark egg from sharks, input the following command. Be sure to have cheats enabled on your world or server.
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 11|
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Sharks won't attack players on creative mode.
- Sharks will no longer cause damage to a player on a boat.
- Fixed bug with sharks not moving or attacking.
- Fixed bug that prevented sharks to drop items.
- You can change the name of tamed sharks by using a medallion or a book.
- Tamed sharks can now be given a name. To set or change a name, right click on the animal while holding a medallion. To toggle individual name displays on/off, right click on the animal while holding any pickaxe.
- Fixed bug with dolphins and sharks fighting even when the settings were changed in the menu.
- Fixed bug with sharks dropping stone instead of shark teeth.
- Fixed bugs: sharks dropping stone.
- Fixed bug with tamed sharks not moving properly.
- Increased health of sharks.
- Sharks won't attack shark eggs.
- Sharks now also attack squids.
- Changed despawning code for tamed sharks.
- Added missing 'sharks' to the MoCreatures.properties file in the TFC version.
- Tamed sharks won't attack you (inspired by Despicable Me).
- Added sharks.
- Sharks are the largest hostile aquatic mobs in Mo' Creatures.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern