Sharks spawn in water between layers 46 and sea level, and can be found in any biome.
Sharks are hostile mobs. They will attack the player if they are in the water and within 16 blocks of a Shark. They will also attack Squids.
Due to their high attack damage, it should be advised to stay out of the water when a Shark is nearby, as it will turn on you if you are in the water. It is recommended to either kill a Shark from a distance with a Bow, (particularly with the Power enchantment for increased damage), or to strike them at close range with an Iron or better sword.
A Shark can be tamed by hatching a Shark egg in water. In order to get a tamed Shark, the egg must be hatched by throwing it into the water, which will hatch into a friendly baby Shark. Tamed Sharks will not attack the player or other Sharks.
Tamed Sharks can be moved with the use of a Fish Net. There is also no current way to heal a tamed Shark by "feeding" it (as it is possible with other tamable mobs). The only way to heal a tamed Shark is to throw a splash potion of Healing or Regeneration at it.
Sharks can not be ridden or bred, unlike Dolphins.
Note: As of 1.7.10, this command can be used to obtain a Shark egg: /give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 11
- Crocodiles, Komodo Dragons, Sharks, and Big Cats won't attack players on Creative mode.
- Fixed bug with Sharks not moving or attacking.
- Fixed bug that prevented Sharks from dropping items.
- The player can change the name of tamed Sharks by using a Medallion or Book.
- Fixed bug with Dolphins and Sharks fighting even when the settings were changed in the menu.
- Fixed bug with Shark eggs not spawning.
- Fixed bug with Sharks dropping Stone instead of Shark Teeth.
- Fixed bug with tamed Sharks not moving properly.
- Increased health of Sharks.
- Sharks won't attack Shark eggs.
- Sharks now also attack Squids.
- Changed despawning code for tamed Sharks.
- Added missing 'Sharks' to the MoCreatures.properties file in the TFC version.
- Tamed sharks won't attack the player.
- Sharks were added.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •