|Health points||25 ( × 12.5)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 3 () |
Normal: 5 ()
Hard: 7 ()
|Spawn||Ocean biomes, 1 or more blocks of water, any light level, spawning block must be between level 46 (inclusive) and sea level|
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops||Shark Teeth (0-3)|
|Rare drops||Egg (0-1) (if difficulty is set to Easy or higher)|
Sharks are tamable hostile mobs that spawn in oceans.
Sharks spawn in ocean and deep ocean biomes that is at least 2 blocks deep and around 6-8 blocks wide/deep.
Sharks are 0.5 blocks wide and 3 blocks long at first, but can grow up to 1 block wide and 6 blocks long.
When killed, sharks drop 0-3 shark teeth (60% chance), and a 10% chance to drop an egg. Eggs can only be obtained if the difficulty is set to Easy or higher. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Sharks will attack and pursue any nearby players that are in the water, if within 16 blocks of a shark. They will also go for and attack squids. Sharks have high attack damage, and can kill an unprotected player in about three or four hits, depending on the difficulty. They will not attack on Peaceful, but will still chase you.
Sharks are fast swimmers in the water, and can easily catch up with a player.
- Due to their high attack damage, it is advised to stay out of the water when a shark is nearby, as it will turn on you for as long as you remain in water.
- If you decide to venture into water, a boat can be considered the safest option, as sharks cannot attack you if you're in a boat.
- It is recommended to either kill a shark from a distance with a bow, (particularly with the Power enchantment for increased damage), or to strike them at close range with an iron or diamond sword.
- Good armour (iron or better recommended) is recommended for protection against sharks.
A shark can be tamed by hatching a shark egg in water. In order to get a tamed shark, the egg must be hatched by placing it in a body of water, which will hatch into a friendly baby shark. Tamed sharks will not attack the player or other sharks (unless there is a glitch in some mod versions, where tamed sharks will attack you).
A tamed shark can be moved with the use of a fish net. There is no current way, however, to heal a tamed shark by "feeding" it. The only way to heal a tamed shark is to throw a splash potion of Healing or Regeneration at it.
If you cannot get a shark egg from sharks, input the following command. Be sure to have cheats enabled on your world or server.
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 11|
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Sharks won't attack players in creative mode.
- Sharks will no longer cause damage to a player on a boat.
- Fixed bug with sharks not moving or attacking.
- Fixed bug that prevented sharks and fishy to drop items.
- You can change the name of tamed dolphins, sharks, kitties, big cats and horses by using a medallion or a book.
- Tamed horses, big cats, dolphins and sharks can now be given a name. To set or change a name, right click on the animal while holding a medallion. To toggle individual name displays on/off, right click on the animal while holding any pickaxe.
- Fixed bug with dolphins and sharks fighting even when the settings were changed in the menu.
- Fixed bug with sharks dropping stone instead of shark teeth.
- Fixed bugs: wraiths with big heads, sharks dropping stone, birds spawning bug, shark eggs becoming leather, menu text cropped and albino dolphin spawning.
- Fixed bug with tamed sharks not moving properly.
- Increased health of sharks.
- Sharks won't attack shark eggs.
- Sharks now also attack squids.
- Changed despawning code for tamed sharks.
- Added missing 'sharks' to the MoCreatures.properties file in the TFC version.
- Tamed sharks won't attack you (inspired by Despicable Me).
- Added sharks.
- Unlike dolphins, sharks cannot be ridden, nor can they be bred.
- Sharks are the largest aggressive aquatic mobs in Mo' Creatures.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern