| Polar Bear|
|Health points||50 ( × 25)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 5 () |
Normal: 8 ()
Hard: 12 ()
|First appearances||See History|
Polar bears are tamable mobs found in snow biomes.
Natural generation Edit
Polar bears spawn in ice plains, ice mountains and ice spikes biomes.
Polar bears are covered in a white coat, and have black beady eyes. They are also the largest bear in the mod, and are about twice the size of a black bear.
Polar bears will drop 0-2 hide upon death. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
If a tamed polar bear was saddled or chested, those will also be dropped, as well as any contents of its inventory.
Polar bears wander around aimlessly, avoiding cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and usually stay out of water. Unlike other bears, polar bears are aggressive mobs that will attack the player within a 16 block radius. They also attack mobs such as foxes, rabbits and bunnies.
Like other bears, polar bears attack by standing upright on their back legs and then mauling the attacker with their front legs.
A polar bear can be tamed by right-clicking on a cub with any vanilla Minecraft meat in hand, as meat in Mo' Creatures will not work. After it has been tamed, the naming screen will appear. Tamed bears can be healed with any meat, and can be renamed with a medallion, book or name tag.
Tamed polar bears can be made to sit with a whip, and will not move until the whip is used again.
Feeding tamed polar bears any meat together in an enclosed space will activate love mode. The offspring will grow progressively larger with time until they reach their full size. The naming screen will also appear as soon as the offspring is produced, and, once named, will be tamed to the player.
The breeding pair needs to be kept away from other bears, and also need to be kept close in order to breed. It is best to breed them in a fenced area.
Differences between Minecraft polar bears Edit
Polar bears in Mo' Creatures have rather different behavior and other traits compared to Bear polar bears in Minecraft:
- Minecraft polar bears are neutral, and only attacked if provoked. Mo' Creatures polar bears however, are aggressive on sight.
- Vanilla polar bears drop raw fish or salmon.
- If a Minecraft polar bear is on fire, they will swim in water to extinguish the fire. Mo' Creatures polar bears will simply ignore this and continue to pursue the player.
- Minecraft polar bears will attack you if you get too close to their cubs, or if you attack a cub.
- Vanilla polar bears' swimming speed is faster than the player's, making them difficult to get away from if they are attacking.
Polar bears can wear either vanilla or crafted saddles so they can be ridden. Once a bear is tamed and saddled, the player can control it. You can dismount your bear by using the 'shift' key.
A player can use any item while riding a polar bear, including drinking or throwing potions; activating doors or redstone devices; using chests, crafting tables, and furnaces; breaking and placing blocks; and attacking with melee weapons or bows.
A ridden polar bear will automatically run up any one block high slope. They are rather slow compared to big cats and manticores, but they can be combined with speed potions. A ridden bear can be made to jump. They are also immune to fall damage, but only when the player is riding it. If the bear jumps too high, the player instead will take fall damage.
If a polar bear has been given a chest, it will acquire 18 inventory slots. The chest can be accessed by holding down shift and then right-clicking on it.
Chests can be given to a polar bear by right-clicking on the bear with the chest in hand, and afterwards the chest cannot be removed, except by killing the polar bear, placing the polar bear in a pet amulet, or by using shears. Upon death, the bear will drop the attached chest and its contents.
- Bears can now be tamed by giving meats to cubs.
- Bears can now be ridden and given chests.
- Split bears into separate entities.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Added bear attack animation.
- Fixed bounding box of bears.
- Bears will check spawning surroundings, if within 12 blocks of sugar canes, it will become a panda.
If the biome where the bear is spawning has the word bamboo in its name, it will also be a panda.
- Bears no longer remain sitting for so long.
- Changed boars and bears models.
- Bears no longer spawn within 8 blocks of torches.
- Fixed bug with bears' snouts.
- Fixed bug with snouts being off 1 pixel when rotating head in bears.
- Fixed bug with bears not attacking livestock.
- Reduced spawn rate of bears.
Major changes to A.I:
- Bears won't attack lions, but they will attack any other mobs.
- Reduced bear spawn rate to 1/3.
- Added polar bears.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern