|Health points||6 ()|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 2 ()
Hard: 3 ()
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops|| Raw Fish (0-2) |
|Sounds|| Hurt & Death
Piranhas are found in ocean and deep ocean biomes.
Piranhas will drop 0-2 raw fish and 0-2 eggs when killed. They drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Piranhas hover in place when first spawned into the world and wander around aimlessly, swimming up and down through each layer. They are not attracted to light, and will attack almost anything that falls into the water, including players, within a 16 block radius. They will also swim towards any fishing hook that is used in water. They can be reeled in this way.
Like other aquatic mobs, piranhas will suffocate and take damage when exposed to land.
Piranhas have a 'herd following AI'; they hang out in a group. If one wanders away the others follow it. When the piranhas attack, they remain in the group and sometimes one moves towards the player, attacks and returns back to the group. Sometimes one moves towards the player but doesn't attack and returns to the group; this is a 'shy'/aggressive behavior.
- A piranha on its own isn't considered to be a threat. Swarms however are best avoided.
- Stay away from the water where groups of piranhas may be lurking.
- It isn't very necessary to wear decent armor to protect yourself from piranhas; they can be killed easily as they have low health and attack values.
- An iron or better sword can kill a piranha in one hit.
Piranhas can be tamed by catching one with a fish net, and then releasing it. You can also hatch piranha eggs to get a tame, friendly piranha. They cannot be healed by 'feeding' them. Piranhas can only be healed with splash potions of healing.
Commands for obtaining a piranha egg.
|Piranha egg||give @p MoCreatures:mocegg 1 90|
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Piranhas now move as a group and attack differently.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Piranhas are now a separate mob.
- Piranhas will no longer cause damage to a player when riding an entity or a boat.
- Added 10 different fishies, including aggressive piranhas.
- Piranhas are based on real-life red-bellied piranhas.
- Piranhas are the smallest hostile mobs in Mo' Creatures.
- Formerly, piranhas were red fishies, but they were revamped and classed as a separate mob in v5.2.0 DEV.
- Small Fish - Passive variants of this mob.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern