| Pet Amulet|
|First appearances||See History|
A pet amulet is an item the player can use to store their pets.
|Gold Nuggets +|
A pet amulet can be used to keep a tamed mob stored for infinite use until it is released again. If a pet amulet containing a stored mob is destroyed, the mob will be lost. To store a mob inside the amulet, right-click on it. The mob inside can be released by right-clicking again.
A pet amulet can be given to another player. If he/she opens the pet amulet that has been given to them by another player, they can receive ownership of that mob inside. However, this also allows players to take your pets without permission if they take the amulet(s) from you, or if they steal them from a chest, so keep your amulets hidden if you can't risk to lose them.
DrZhark added pet amulets so players could move their animals from Minecraft 1.5.2 to 1.6.2. Without doing so, updating to 1.6.2 would have removed all of the tamed mobs in a player's world.
Although it is rather limited, pet amulets can catch horses, but not special horses such as fairy horses. However, they still work on horses that cannot be caught with other amulets.
Pet amulets can store the following:
- Big cats
- Horses (works on horses in tiers 1 to 4, mules, zonkeys, zebras, zorses, unicorns, nightmares and bat horses)
- Komodo dragons
- Fixed pet amulet bug.
- Fixed game crashing bug with PetAmulets.
- Fixed pet amulet glitch with mcMMO.
- Fixed pet amulet glitch with name tags.
v6.2.0 DEVR3 Edit
- Fixed pet amulets going empty when no pet spawns.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Fixed pet amulets on servers.
- Fixed pet amulets not working with kittens.
v6.0.0 DEV R3 Edit
- Fixed migrated pet amulets containing horses not spawning correctly in 1.6.
- Changed pet amulet to be stored into the player's inventory rather than dropping to the floor after capturing a pet.
- Added pet super amulet to facilitate transition to MoCreatures v.6.
- Added name, type, owner to mouseover of new pet amulets.
- Added class name to amulet mouseover window.
- Pet amulets can store more creatures than all the other four amulets.
- If an undead horse, unicorn or pegasus is released from a pet amulet, green particles will appear instead of the usual yellow particles, which show when a normal horse has been released from the amulet.
- As with all items in Minecraft, you can use the middle-click button on your mouse to duplicate a pet amulet with a mob inside to duplicate your pets, if desired. Note that this only works in Creative mode.
Bone Amulet •
Crafted Saddle •
Elephant Chest •
Elephant Garment •