|First appearances||See History|
A medallion is an item the player can use to rename tamed mobs.
|Gold Ingots +|
A medallion can be used to rename tamed mobs that belongs to the player. To rename or give a pet a name, right-click with the medallion on it.
Medallions are also used to tame a kitty after it has eaten cooked fish, and big cat and manticore cubs after they have been fed raw fish or raw porkchops. If a tamed mob has been spawned with the /summon command (such as a horse or wyvern), using a medallion on the mob will make it the player's owner.
When the player has renamed a mob with a medallion, it is not consumed from the player's inventory. This will only occur when taming a big cat, kitty, or manticore. Also, when a medallion has been used to name a creature, it will display love hearts to its owner, to confirm that it has been renamed.
Crafting ingredient Edit
|Pink Dye +|
Dandelion Yellow +
Lime Dye +
Red Wool +
Blue Wool +
v6.2.0 DEVR3 Edit
- Fixed medallions being used when unable to tame a mob.
- Tamed kitties and big Cats will drop a medallion upon death.
- You can now name your tamed birds, bunnies, snakes and scorpions by using a medallion.
- Fixed bug with white tiger not showing medallion.
- Added a new crafting recipe: medallions.
Bone Amulet •
Crafted Saddle •
Elephant Chest •
Elephant Garment •