|Health points||15 ()|
|Spawn||Plains and Forests|
A Kitty is a neutral mob that comes in a range of colors.
Kitties can be found in small groups in Plains and Forest biomes; groups come with different colored Kitties.
Wild Kitties only drop EXP Points when killed; tamed Kitties will drop a Medallion if tamed.
BehaviorWild Kitties will walk away from the player when approached, and will attack the player if provoked. Once tamed, they will eventually become annoyed if they don't find a Litter Box or a Kitty Bed that has been filled with Pet Food or Milk shortly after, or if attacked.
Kitties are the only mobs in Mo' Creatures that can display emotions. This is to tell the player how it is feeling, as seen below:
- When a Kitty has been tamed or is hungry, it will display a Pet Food icon over its head.
- Once a Kitty has been given Pet Food or Milk, it will display a Happy face while eating; the Kitty is satisfied.
- Kitties that have been given Cake or Cooked Fish will both show heart emotions and will purr at each other. After a while, the Kitty that was fed first will then be pregnant, and will need to find a Kitty Bed to give birth.
- If the Kitty is not given food or is attacked, it will display an Angry emotion (as seen above) and will chase the player, scratching at him/her. This sometimes deals damage. It is also possible to hear a Kitty when it's angry because of loud hisses.
- When a Kitty needs a Litter Box but it can't find one, it will display a Litter Box emotion, meaning it needs to find one nearby.
- When playing with a Wool Ball, the Kitty will display a very happy or excited emotion.
- When using the Litter Box, the Kitty will display an "...." emotion.
- When a Kitty is frightened, its meow will become loud and very unpleasant, and it will display a scared emotion.
- If a Kitty displays a Tree emotion, it means they want to climb a tree. If a Kitty is on top of a tree, it may need your help to get it back down.
- Once a Kitty has been bred, it will display an "in pain" emotion and will need to find a Kitty Bed to give birth.
- When the player is holding a Wool Ball, a Kitty will be curious and display a "?" emotion.
- Sometimes, especially when a Kitty is released out of a Pet Amulet, a Kitty may walk around aimlessly and display the "..." emotion. During this time, the Kitty will not eat, sleep or use the Litter Box, and it won't be able to be picked up. This can be fixed by hitting the Kitty (preferably without a weapon to minimize damage) or restarting Minecraft.
- When a Kitty is asleep, it will remain inactive and display a "zzz" emotion. Sleeping Kitties will have their eyes closed, they can also be heard purring whilst sleeping. Kitties tend to fall asleep at nighttime, although in real life, Cats are nocturnal.
Kitties have a tendency to kill other animals, including other pets, so they should be kept separate from other tamed animals, though they won't attack other animals on the peaceful difficulty.
A Kitty can be tamed by dropping a Cooked Fish near it and stepping away until the Kitty eats it. This may take some time. After the Kitty eats the Cooked Fish, it can be named by right-clicking on the Kitty with a Medallion.
Kitties can be healed with Cooked Fish or a splash potion of Healing.
Kitties require a few items in order to keep them, including a Kitty Bed, a Litter Box, and Pet Food. There are also optional items that can be used, such as a Wool Ball.
A Kitty can be picked up in two different ways:
- If the Kitty is a kitten, it will go on top of the player's head.
- If the Kitty is an adult, it will go onto the player's shoulders.
Note: A Kitty can only be picked up if the player has nothing in their hand.
For a Kitty to be bred, the player first needs to give a Kitty Cooked Fish or Cake. Once a Kitty has been given the food items, the Kitty will look for another Kitty that is also in the mood (given Cake or Cooked Fish). Kitties that are both in the mood will both show a heart emotion and will purr at each other, as well as 'pawing' and circling each other.
After a while, the Kitty that was given the food items first will become pregnant and will need to find a Kitty Bed. After a short period of time while in the Kitty Bed, the Kitty will give birth to 1-6 Kittens. This will cause the mother Kitty to lose some of its health.These Kittens may not have the same markings of either one of their parents. These Kittens can be named in a similar matter to adult Kitties - by right-clicking them with a Book or a Medallion (although they are automatically tamed with a Medallion attached to their neck). The mother Kitty may also eat 1-2 bowls of food during pregnancy. Kittens will be very playful and will chase any item (not only Wool Balls), will play with the player and will follow their mother. If a Kitten is attacked, its mother will defend them.
Items Associated with Kitties
The Medallion is used to tame a Kitty after being fed Cooked Fish. It can also be used to rename them. It is made from two Leather and a Gold Ingot. It can also be used to tame Kittens.
Kitty Beds are used for the Kitty to sleep in and for it to eat or drink at.By using different color Wool in the recipe, it is possible to create different colored Kitty Beds. Dyes can also be used on existing Kitty Beds to change their color.
By right-clicking on a Kitty Bed with Pet Food or a Bucket of Milk, the food bowl will be filled so that the Kitty can eat out of it. Other than that, Kitty Beds can also be used for the breeding of Kitties. To move a Kitty Bed, it can be right-clicked with an empty hand and it will be placed on the player's head. A Kitty Bed can also be returned to the inventory by right-clicking on it with a Pickaxe.
Kitties use Litter Boxes after they haven eaten/drank from their Kitty Bed. Litter Boxes are crafted by surrounding a block of Sand with eight Wooden Planks.
Once used, the Litter Box will have little Black dots in it. In order to clean out the Litter Box, the player needs to right-click on it with a Sand block. Zombies and Skeletons are attracted to Litter Boxes that haven't been cleaned out, so it is advised that the Litter Box is kept clean.
Like the Kitty Bed, the Litter Box can be returned to the inventory by right-clicking on it with a Pickaxe.
Pet Food is created by combining a Raw Fish and a Raw Porkchop in the crafting area. This will create four Pet Food. When the Kitty asks for food, right-click on a Kitty Bed and it will fill the bowl that is attached to it. Kitties can also be fed Milk.
By right-clicking on a Kitty Bed with a Bucket of Milk, the food bowl will be filled with Milk, this will also satisfy the Kitty's hunger.
A Wool Ball is created by putting four String in a diamond shape. If a Kitty is given a Wool Ball, it will play with it for a while by chasing and pushing it around, until it gets bored. Kittens will not only chase Wool Balls, but other items as well.
By right-clicking on a Kitty with a Whip, the Kitty will sit and not move until right-clicked again. This can be useful if the player is busy with other things, otherwise the Kitty will always want to be fed.
Kitties come in a range of colors, including Spotted, Black, Calico, Black and White, White, Beige, Grey and Orange-White.
"..." Emotion Glitch
In some versions of Mo' Creatures, especially for 1.7 or newer, Kitties that have been released out of a Pet Amulet will not act normal, and instead act like an untamed or wild Kitty that you can pick up. Kitties with this glitch will not appear to have a Medallion around their neck, and tend to seek corners and doors to outside.
In order to fix this glitch, you must hit it, which means a risk of being attacked, try to get it to play with a Wool Ball, or just simply wait for it to become normal. In order to tell if your Kitty is affected, look for a Blue "...." that is constantly above their head. If all else fails, re-log or restart the game.
"Dragged on feet" Pick-Up Glitch
In some versions of Mo' Creatures, there is a pick-up glitch where when a Kitty is picked up, instead of going on the player's shoulders, it will appear to be dragged by the feet of the player.
Because a kitten is supposed to be a bit higher and appear on the head of the player instead of the shoulders, like an adult, the kitten will appear to be on the knees of the player, all that changes with the kitten in the code is that their y position is increased.
- Kitties are based on real life domesticated Cats.
- Kitties are the only mobs in Mo' Creatures that need constant care and attention.