|Health points||6 ()|
|Attack strength|| Poison |
for 5 secs ()
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Hurt & Death
Jellyfish are small tamable mobs.
Jellyfish spawn in water between layers 46 and sea level, and can be found in any biome.
Jellyfish will drop 0-2 slimeballs upon death. This can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Jellyfish are passive mobs, and will not attack or chase after you. They are translucent, and move in a pulsating manner. They are also luminescent at night. It takes about 6 seconds before jellyfish take damage when exposed to land.
Jellyfish will typically spawn using one of five different colors: including light orange, purple-grey, light blue, green, and orange-red. There are also seven other colors, but jellyfish with these colors do not spawn naturally. These include orange-yellow, speckled blue, white, purple, blue, orange, and white.
If you touch a jellyfish, it will give you the Poison I effect for five seconds on Easy or higher difficulty.
- Jellyfish are not very dangerous mobs, just avoid touching them.
- They have very low health; a stone or iron sword will kill them with one strike.
- Stay away from areas of water where jellyfish may be lurking in.
A jellyfish can be tamed by using a fish net on them and then releasing it again. Once the jellyfish has been released from the net, the naming screen will appear. A tamed jellyfish cannot be healed by 'feeding' it with food items, they can only be healed with a splash potion of healing. Tamed jellyfish will not poison the player when touched.
- Fixed jellyfish crashing bug.
Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players riding a boat.
- Fixed GL post render error with jellyfish. Note: this currently removes transparency.
- Changed models and textures for the jellyfish. Jellyfish can now glow in the dark.
Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players out of water.
- Added jellyfish.
- As of v4.5.0, when jellyfish models were revamped, there were seven other models that were implemented, but never used. The missing jellyfish textures can be found in the mod files.
- Despite being missing, the jellyfish can still have these models, with the use of mods that can alter their appearance, such as an in-game NBTEdit.
- Jellyfish are the only passive mobs in Mo' Creatures that poison the player.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern