|Health points||6 ()|
|Attack strength|| Poison |
for 5 secs ()
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Hurt & Death
Jellyfish are small tamable mobs.
Jellyfish spawn in water between layers 46 and sea level, and can be found in any biome.
Jellyfish will typically spawn using one of five different colors: including light orange, purple-grey, light blue, green, and orange-red. There are also seven other colors, but jellyfish with these colors do not spawn naturally. These include orange-yellow, speckled blue, white, purple, blue, orange, and white.
Jellyfish will drop 0–2 slimeballs upon death. This can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They drop 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Jellyfish are passive mobs, and will not attack or chase after players, even when hit. They swim around slowly, and are translucent. Jellyfish tend to move in a pulsating manner.
They are also luminescent at night. It takes about 6 seconds before jellyfish take damage when exposed to land.
If you touch a jellyfish, it will give you the Poison I effect for five seconds on Easy or higher difficulty.
A jellyfish can be tamed by using a fish net on them and then releasing it again. Once the jellyfish has been released from the net, the naming screen will appear. A tamed jellyfish cannot be healed by 'feeding' it with food items, they can only be healed with a splash potion of healing. Tamed jellyfish will not poison the player when touched.
- Fixed jellyfish crashing bug.
Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players riding a boat.
- Fixed GL post render error with jellyfish. Note: this currently removes transparency.
- Changed models and textures for the jellyfish. Jellyfish can now glow in the dark.
Jellyfish and stingrays will no longer poison players out of water.
- Added jellyfish.
- As of v4.5.0, when jellyfish models were revamped, there were seven other models that were implemented, but never used. The missing jellyfish textures can be found in the mod files.
- Despite this, jellyfish can still have these models by spawning them with the summon command.
- Jellyfish are the only passive mobs in Mo' Creatures that poison the player.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern