|Health points||25 ()|
|Armor points||2 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them.|
|Common drops||Leather (0-2)|
|Rare drops||see Drops|
Horses (WildHorse in-game) are tamable passive mobs found in the Overworld.
Natural generation Edit
Horses spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Zebras have a 10% chance to spawn.
Horses come with many types of breeds and cross-breeds. All of which have unique features and markings. Adult horses are 1.4 blocks wide and long, and 1.6 blocks high. Foals start at less than 1/4 of the size of adults and get progressively bigger as they age. Horses do not change once they have been tamed, though tamed horses may be differentiated by giving them equipment.
All horses will roam idly, occasionally stopping to rear, swish their tails, or lower their heads as though they are eating the grass. Unlike sheep, the eating animation does not actually cause any grass to be consumed. If a player comes near, the horse(s) may turn to look at them. Any winged horse (such as a pegasus) will flap its wings occasionally, but it won't fly around aimlessly, unlike wyverns. Any horse, even a wild one, will allow itself to be attached to a lead without protest. Horses remain passive, even when hit.
Horses will also open their mouths and make noises that depend on the particular horse’s variation. Normal horses make neighs and whinnies, while donkeys and mules emit brays. Ghost and undead/skeleton horses emit moaning neighs.
Normal horses will drop 0 to 2 pieces of leather upon death. Unicorns and fairy horses drop a unicorn horn; and ghost horses drop 0-2 ghast tears. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf. If the horse had gear applied, (saddle, chest etc.) they will be dropped as well.
Minecraft and Mo' Creatures horses Edit
In Minecraft 1.6, horses were added to the game, and shared the same models as Mo' Creatures horses. These horses changed and limited the spawning properties of Mo' Creatures horses.
Minecraft horses and Mo' Creatures horses may look the same, but there are some key differences that make them easier to distinguish:
- If both Minecraft horses and Mo' Creatures horses are set to spawn in a world, the easiest way to tell them apart is by looking at their eyes. Mo' Creatures horses have more detailed eyes, complete with irises.
- Mo' Creatures horses are resistant to punches and fire, and also have a health and name bar above their head, if tame.
- Mo' Creatures horses emit different neighs and whinnies.
- Mo' Creatures horses have slightly different textures when equipped with horse armor.
- Minecraft foals have skinny legs, but Mo' Creatures horses don't, as their limbs remain the same size from foal to adult.
- Minecraft horses have pixelated coats.
Mo' Creatures horses are faster than Minecraft horses, and have a speed of up to 8 or 9, while Minecraft horses have an average speed of 7. They also jump higher than Minecraft horses by up to 2 and a half blocks, and they can jump over fence blocks. Mo' Creatures horses don't take damage from suffocation (although they will still turn red). Strangely, Mo' Creatures horses are fireproof, but they will take damage in lava.
In order to tame a horse, it must first be given a Minecraft saddle or crafted saddle by right-clicking on the horse with the saddle in hand, this is opposite to the normal Minecraft taming method since the player has to put the saddle on the horse first in order to tame it, otherwise 'breaking' it will be more difficult and thus will result in being thrown off the horse many times.
The horse must then be given any appropriate food item (such as bread) to reduce its temper by right-clicking on it. Each type of horse has a certain amount of temper that must be removed before it can be tamed successfully. The player can reduce the temper of an untamed horse by giving it a specific food item (see below). Many food items will reduce temper by different amounts.
|Wheat / Hay Stack||Reduces 25 temper.|
|Sugar Lump||Reduces 50 temper (to a minimum of 25)|
|Bread||Reduces 100 temper (to a minimum of 25)|
|Apple||Tames the horse instantly without the next step.|
Giving a horse an apple is a recommend way to tame it successfully without having to mount it and therefore being kicked off many times. Once temper has been sufficiently reduced, the horse can then be mounted. It may throw the you off several times or if temper has been reduced enough, become tamed and allow you to name it.
Once a horse or several horses has/have been tamed, it is possible to breed them in order to obtain rarer horses. There are many different breeds that can be created, all with different coat colors. There are even special types that can be created with the help of some rare drops.
The rules of horse breedingEdit
To successfully breed a pair of horses, these rules must be followed for the entire process:
- The pair of horses must not be more than 4 blocks away from each other. It is recommended that you place the two horses in an enclosure for this step.
- There must not be any other horse within 8 blocks of the breeding pair. If you find any horse(s) near the breeding pair, either kill them or move them away.
- One or both of the horses must be fed the appropriate food items to begin the breeding process (pumpkins, mushroom stew, or cake). If successful, love hearts will then appear around the horses (as shown in the picture above), similar to the particle effect that surrounds breeding vanilla mobs, these particles may fade away, if that happens, you may need to find a different horse.
- Horses must be left for half a Minecraft day (about 10 minutes) after being fed the proper item(s). Pegasus and unicorns take about a Minecraft day.
It is not graphic when horses are being bred, as Minecraft is a kid-friendly game.
To breed the 'normal' horses, follow this breeding chart.
Note: Since Minecraft 1.6 replaced most of the Mo' Creatures horses, breeding is still the same, but you need to use Minecraft horses. Find a Minecraft horse with the same coat pattern as the desired horse that you want in the breeding chart, and then pair that horse up with a Mo' Creatures horse. You should get a Minecraft horse that has the same coat pattern as a tier 2 or 3 horse and so on.
How to use the breeding chartEdit
The breeding chart is similar to a multiplication table. After finding the desired horse, look to the top horse of that column, and the far left horse of the row will show the required horse(s) to breed. By breeding those two horses, they have a chance of giving birth to that desired horse. Keep in mind that breeding horses will not always create the horse you desire, and will sometimes produce a horse that is the same type as one of the parents. If this is the case, there is no option but to try again (unless easy breeding has been turned on in the config file).
For instance, to breed the grey and white spotted horse (2nd row down, 6th column), a Minecraft white horse and black horse are needed. The small subscripted number in the top left of each horse picture represents the 'tier' of the horse. There are four tiers. Typically, the objective is to breed at least one or two tier 4 horses in order to begin breeding special horses. Once this has been worked out, the breeding chart is simple and quite easy to use.
The baby will be tamed to the player almost immediately after birth and the naming screen will then appear. The player can instantly breed the two parent horses as soon as the foal has been born, but the player has to move it to another place first. After giving the two parent horses the food items necessary for breeding, you must stay in the Overworld. If you go into another dimension, the baby will be wild and will need to be tamed like other horses.
Breeding Minecraft horses Edit
To breed a Minecraft horse and a Mo' Creatures horse, you must give the Mo' Creatures horse either a pumpkin, mushroom stew or cake. After this, it will then start the breeding process. You don't need to give anything to the Minecraft horse, as both horses will breed automatically. Keep those golden apples for later.
There are five types of tamable Mo' Creatures horses that spawn naturally in the wild, including zebras. But they are many more that are obtainable by breeding. There are also a handful of rare special horses that require both breeding and items in order to obtain them.
There are 35 types of horses that can be tamed or created, from the common horse breeds to the exotic zebra, to the incredibly rare, mythical horses such as the unicorn and pegasus.
These breeds can be obtained in a variety of ways, and provide a variety of benefits.
Natural breeds Edit
Tier 1 Edit
Note: As of Minecraft 1.6, all five of these horses have been replaced by the Minecraft horses.
The first tier of horses, they are required for making most of the cross-breeds (with the exception of tier 2 horses, since they spawn naturally). There are five breeds of horse in this tier. These horses do not spawn naturally.
Twelve breeds can be obtained through non-magical cross-breeding.
Nine of these are obtained by cross-breeding the five common horses, and their offspring, in various combinations:
Tier 2 Edit
The second tier. As of Minecraft 1.6, only three out of the four breeds of tier 2 horses can be found in the wild. This includes the 'skewbald' horse, 'snowflake' horse, and 'chestnut' horse. There are four breeds in this tier.
Tier 3 EditThe third tier, these uncommon breeds are needed for creating the tier 4 horses. There are three breeds of tier 3 horses.
Tier 4 Edit
The last tier, these horses are the last and most important breeds. These horses, unlike the the previous tiers, can be used to tame a zebra, which is why they are needed for a zorse and the special horses. There are two breeds of tier 4 horses.
Rare horses Edit
Once a tier 4 horse has been bred, breeding can be taken a step further to tame/breed/create the many types of special horses that this mod has to offer. Most of the other types of breeds (such as donkeys and mules) can carry inventories.
The donkey was a special variant of horse. They could be equipped with both a chest and saddle, and could be bred with a horse or a zebra to create a mule or zonkey. Mo’ Creatures donkeys look almost identical to Minecraft donkeys, except for the eyes, and the stripe texture on the back. Mo’ Creatures donkeys no longer spawn due to the Minecraft horses replacement.
The mule is a cross between a donkey and any other type of horse. Because of this, they cannot be found naturally. They can be obtained by breeding a Minecraft donkey with any breed of horse. They look similar to donkeys, but they have a dark brown coat instead of a grey coat. Mules are sterile.
Zebras are unique uncommon horses that can be used to create zorses and zonkeys. To tame a zebra, the player has to give it an apple whilst riding on a tier 4 horse, another zebra or a zorse.
There is an Easter egg that involves zebras: right-clicking on any tamed zebra with any music disc will give you a zebra record in return. If played near tamed zebras, they begin dancing, and will continue to do so until the music is turned off. The music is a loop of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem.
The zorse is a cross between a horse and a zebra. Zorses can be obtained by breeding a zebra with any type of normal horse. They are important horses that are needed for creating most of the mythical horses. They are born sterile. Giving any of the four essences to a zorse creates the special horses.
The zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey that can be made by breeding a Minecraft donkey with a zebra. A zonkey resembles a zorse but with longer ears. Zonkeys, like mules and donkeys, can be given their own inventory with a chest. They can not be used to tame zebras.
Undead horses Edit
Undead horses are, as the name suggests, reanimated corpses of horses. To create a tamable undead horse, simply use an essence of undead on any horse breed or cross-breed (this also includes nightmares). The undead horse will only be temporary, however. There are also two other undead horses; the undead unicorn and the undead pegasus, both of which will lose their flesh and eventually turn into a skeleton unicorn and a skeleton pegasus, respectively.
Over time, the undead horse will lose its flesh and it will fall off, creating a skeleton horse after several "stages" of decay. Tamed skeleton horses won’t burn if exposed to daylight. If an undead horse with flesh is desired, use an essence of light on it and the flesh will light up a little greener, and any exposed bone will be grown over. Using an essence of undead on a unicorn will turn it into an undead unicorn, and using an essence of undead on a pegasus or a dark pegasus will turn into an undead pegasus.
Over time, their flesh will also fall off and will eventually become a skeleton unicorn or a skeleton pegasus in the process. Undead and pegasus can fly, and undead unicorns retain the ability to charge at things. When a tamed undead horse, unicorn or pegasus is killed, several maggots will spawn in its place.Like their undead variants, skeleton horses, unicorns and pegasus will take damage from splash potions of healing.
Skeleton horses are what remains of an undead horse, unicorn or pegasus after it has lost all of its flesh. A skeleton horse, unicorn or pegasus can be given an essence of light to regain its flesh again, but it won't be permanent, however.Like their undead variants, skeleton horses, unicorns and pegasus can fly, and skeleton unicorns retain the ability to charge at things. They will take damage from splash potions of healing, and can be healed with splash potions of harming.
Bat horse Edit
The bat horse is a flying black horse with bat-like wings (hence the name) that can be obtained by using an essence of darkness on a tamed zorse. The zorse will then transform into a bat horse within a few seconds after it was given the essence.
A bat horse can be used to create a pegasus. Tamed bat horses won’t burn if exposed to daylight. There is also an aggressive bat horse that spawns at night, but these naturally occurring horses cannot be tamed.
The nightmare is a fire-proof horse that can only be obtained by using the essence of fire on a zorse.
Nightmares have the unique ability to leave a trail of fire behind them when redstone is used on them, or when a whip is used on the ground beside them. The nightmare can be ridden normally, and the effect will last for a short amount of time. It is advised, however, that you should be careful when riding a nightmare when it has its ability activated, as it may set houses or buildings on fire. It is recommended to do this in an open area where they are no wooden structures.
A nightmare can be used to create a unicorn. Nightmares also have an animated texture for their coat. Unlike other horses, nightmares cannot wear horse armor. Like other horses (except for special horses), tamed nightmares can also be bred via the normal breeding process of Mo' Creatures horses.
Naturally occurring nightmares can also be found in the Nether, but they are hostile and cannot be tamed.
The unicorn is a rare horse that is only obtainable by using the essence of light on a nightmare. Unicorns can also be bred using two essences of light. Unicorns have the ability to charge at mobs if a whip is used on them, and they can also glide slowly to the ground so that they take no fall damage. Keep in mind that neutral or aggressive mobs (such as big cats or ogres) will attack your unicorn if you charge at a mob whilst riding it.
When a unicorn jumps, a trail of star-shaped particle effects follows behind it. Unicorns are needed in order to breed fairy horses. Unicorns can also be healed with an essence of light.
The pegasus is a mystical white flying horse. A pegasus can be obtained by feeding a bat horse an essence of light above cloud level (around Y = 150). A pegasus can move faster and fly a little quicker than a bat horse, and is needed to breed fairy horses.
Like unicorns, a pegasus can be healed by giving it an essence of light.
Dark pegasus Edit
The dark pegasus is a rarer fireproof variant of the pegasus. They are also one of the hardest types of horses to obtain. They can be obtained by giving a pegasus an essence of darkness. A dark pegasus can be given its own inventory by right-clicking on one with a chest. A dark pegasus can fly a little slower than the pegasus.
Ghost horses Edit
Ghost horses are rare horses that can only be obtained by killing a tamed horse. There are two types of ghost horse: the normal ghost horse and the flying ghost horse. A normal ghost horse can be obtained by killing any rare or tier four horse, this also includes unicorns, nightmares, bat horses, and undead and skeleton horses.
Flying ghost horses can be obtained by killing a pegasus, a dark pegasus, a bat horse or a fairy horse. Horses have a 1/10 chance of being replaced with a ghost horse when killed. Crystal horse armor can be placed on ghost horses. A flying ghost horse is transparent, so the player gets the ability to see through water which may be handy on a multiplayer server.
Fairy horse Edit
The rarest, colorful, and also the hardest to obtain out of all the other horses, fairy horses can only be obtained by breeding a pegasus and a unicorn together. This is achieved by using two essences of light, instead of pumpkins or mushroom stew under the normal breeding conditions. They both will disappear in the process of the birth. If the unicorn/pegasus was saddled, chested, or armored, those will be dropped.
Two adult white fairy horses can be bred together by using an essence of light to obtain another fairy horse, but the other two are lost. White fairy horses can be turned into different colors by giving them dyes. Each colored fairy horse has their own different eyes, wings and particles6
The unavailable dye colors are:
- Light grey
Note: Fairy horses can only be dyed once. They cannot be recolored!
Both horse armor and chests can be equipped on fairy horses.
Grey glitch horse Edit
The grey glitch horse is an unused horse that will appear if the ID of the horse is corrupted or does not exist. These textures are found in the mod, and it looks like a regular horse. It's possible that it is not in any tier. The only way to obtain this horse is by using commands, or if the player's world is corrupted. It has green eyes and a grey coat with black patches.
There is also another grey horse with invisible wings that can fly and carry a chest. It's possible that this horse is a pegasus with a missing texture. When flown, the wings do not show. It flies in a similar manner to a flying ghost horse and appears to 'glide' rather than fly.
Horses can be ridden by giving them a either a crafted saddle or a Minecraft saddle, and then right-clicking on it. The controls for riding a horse can be seen below.
|Left Shift||Dismount/open horse inventory|
Items associated with horses Edit
Main article: Crafted Saddle
The crafted saddle is a key item for riding a horse. In order to 'break' or ride a horse, it is necessary to equip a horse with one (by right-clicking on it). It can be removed by right-clicking on the horse with shears.
Wheat and bread are used to raise the chances of taming a wild horse, and are used by right-clicking on the horse. It takes more wheat to tame a horse than bread does.
Amulets can be used to store tamed special horses. There are four types of horse amulets, each one can be used to capture different horses. A pet amulet can be used to catch 'normal' horses. This includes any of the breeds and cross-breeds, donkeys, zebras, zorses, zonkeys, mules, nightmares, bat horses and unicorns.
Types of horse amulets:
Main article: Sugar Lump
Sugar lumps are used similarly to wheat and bread. Feeding sugar lumps to any horse will make it easier to tame. It also makes babies grow slightly faster each time.
Main article: Hay Stack
Hay stacks are used similarly to wheat, bread, and sugar lumps to make the taming of horses easier.
Apples and golden applesEdit
Apples and golden apples will tame a horse instantly. They can also be used to rename tamed horses. Golden apples can be used to breed Minecraft horses, although they're not very necessary, since giving a horse a pumpkin automatically starts the breeding process.
Main article: Medallion
The medallion is used to rename a tamed horse, and will remain in the user's inventory once used. They can also be used to rename horses that come out of amulets and fairy horses. Apples do not work for them, however.
Books and name tags can also be used to rename tamed horses.
Formerly, horses could be led with a rope, but it has since been replaced with the lead from Minecraft. Right-clicking on any horse with a lead will get it to follow the player. It is possible to lead more than one horse at a time. This is useful if more than one Horse is being led.
Unlike ropes, leads will break if their is a solid block in between the player and a mob. This is more likely to happen if the player is in a forest biome with a lead tied to a horse, as there can be lots of trees obstructing the players path.
Main article: Whip
The whip can be used to speed up a horse for a short period of time when it is being ridden. If riding a nightmare, the whip will cause the nightmare to leave a trail of fire. When the horse is not being ridden, the whip can be used to make the tamed horse remain stationary (the horse will lower its head), and used again to make the horse move around once more.
Pumpkins and mushroom stewEdit
Pumpkins and mushroom stew are needed to breed "normal" Mo' Creatures horses.
All four essences are necessary for obtaining rarer types of horses:
- Essence of undead - Turns any tamed horse, zebra, or donkey into an undead horse, and then into a skeleton horse as time passes. It can be used to turn a unicorn or a pegasus into their undead variants.
- Essence of fire - Can be used to turn any tamed zorse into a nightmare.
- Essence of darkness - Can be used to turn any tamed zorse into a bat horse, or a tamed pegasus into a dark pegasus.
- Essence of light - Can be used to turn any tamed nightmare into a unicorn, or any tamed bat horse into a pegasus. It also makes it possible to breed unicorns and pegasus in order to obtain a fairy horse.
Main article: Horse Armor
Horse armor is a Minecraft item that can be applied to every type of horse except for donkeys, mules, zebras, zonkeys, undead horses, skeleton horses and nightmares.
To remove armor off a horse, right-click on the horse with shears.
Crystal mount armorEdit
Main article: Crystal Mount Armor
Crystal mount armor is a special type of armor that can only be applied to special horses.
Zebra record Edit
Main article: Zebra Record
The zebra record is part of an Easter egg that plays LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem when placed in a jukebox.
Spawning horses Edit
|1.6 and earlier||/give @p 9081 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:amuletpegasusfull 1 [ID]|
Inputting the 1.7 and later command will place a sky amulet in your inventory, which can be used to spawn a horse. Be sure to remove the brackets where 'ID' is and replace it with the desired horse ID number.
Note: If you use this command on Minecraft 1.8, it will give you a sky amulet with a broken error texture, and right-clicking on the ground with it will do nothing.
|4||Dark brown (brown with white spots)|
|6||Bright creamy (light yellow/palomino)|
|7||Grey spotted (grey with white patches)|
|9||Speckled (grey with white patches)|
|11||Pinto (red and white)|
|12||Bright pinto (beige and white)|
|13||Pale speckled (white with beige spots)|
|16||Spotted (white with small black spots)|
|45||Flying grey horse|
|53||Light green fairy|
|56||Dark blue fairy|
|10/14/15/18/19/20/29/30/31/33/34/35/37/41/42/43/44//46/47/62/63/64||Grey glitch horse|
- Horses can get ready to breed by feeding them a golden carrot.
- Increased horse health and horse speed.
- Tamed zebras 'shuffle' again.
- The nightmare burning effect lasts less than before.
- Fixed zebra 'shuffle' sound.
- Fixed amulet glitch if the player's inventory became filled during vanish animation.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows the player to spawn any type of horse instantly
- This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing. Valid horse types:
Tier 2: 6-9
Tier 3: 11-13
Tier 4: 16-17
Special: 21-28, 30, 32, 36, 38-40, 48-61, 65-67
An example of spawning a zorse would be:
/mocspawn horse 61
v6.1.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Fixed fairy horse breeding.
v6.0.0 DEV R3 Edit
- Fixed migrated pet amulets containing horses not spawning correctly in 1.6.
- Fixed horse jumping bug showing damage animation.
v6.0.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Mo' Creatures horses renamed to WildHorses.
- Changed spawning of horses.
- Removed donkeys from Mo' Creatures. They can still be obtained with commands or mods.
- Hard coded certain spawn conditions: zebras spawn in savanna and regular horses in plains biomes.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Fixed bug when obtaining a white fairy horse.
- Amulets now store the owner of the horse.
- Horses stored in amulets that are spawned by a player different than the owner, will become property of the player spawning them, And the previous owner will have his/her tamed counter reduced accordingly.
This is done to allow trade of amulets without losing a taming spot on servers enforcing ownership.
- The naming screen will now appear on ghost horses when they spawn.
- Fixed nightmare missing texture when animate textures is set to off.
- Undead horses will show stages of decay even with animate textures set to off.
- Changes made to decrease lag caused by horses.
- Yellow and purple fairy horses now drop a full amulet when trapped.
- Fixed cyan fairy horse texture typo.
- Newborn babies obtained by breeding will trigger naming on the owner of the mother horse.
- Activated red fairy horse.
- White pegasus can now carry bags.
- Tamed horses now drop any armor, inventory contents and bags they were carrying or wearing when killed.
- Fixed game crashing bug when feeding horses.
- Amulets now store the name, health, armor and saddle status of horses.
- All types of Fairy Horses now go into amulets.
- Fixed light green fairy horse texture error.
- Added seven new fairy horses.
- Horses obtained from an amulet are set to the player using the amulet.
- Horse transformation animation is synchronized in multiplayer.
- Foals and ghost horses now spawn tamed and are owned by the player.
- Horses will make noises less frequently.
- Fixed horse appearing sound.
- Fixed bug that allowed all horses to carry bags.
- Fixed game crashing bug that rarely occurred when breaking horses.
- Fixed game crashing bug related to horses and jukeboxes.
- Fixed game crashing bug when breaking horses in water or lava.
- Fixed bug with cloning horses and other tamed animals.
- Added a new fairy horse, obtained by giving a white fairy horse a light green dye.
- Ridden creatures now dive using the Mo' Creatures dive key. The player can now dive when riding a flying horse.
- Fixed horse texture bug, fps will improve when looking at horses, and the blank horse texture bug is fixed.
- Fixed inventory for horses.
- Fixed movement on horses.
- Fixed game crashing bugs with horse special FX.
- Tamed undead horses now 'decay' slower.
- The player can now 'reset' their undead/skeleton horses to their full flesh condition by giving them an essence of light.
- Fixed game crashing bug with undead horse animations.
- Fixed bug with bat horse wing animation.
- Fixed appear and vanishing animations on horses.
- Fixed bug where horses couldn't jump.
- Fixed crashing bug when mounting untamed horses.
- Fixed color shifting horse bug.
- Complete overhaul of the horses. From 8 to 35 different breeds.
- Fixed bug with bowl duplication when feeding horses.
- Fixed bug with horse name disappearing after riding it.
- Fixed bug where horses would jump extremely high.
- Fixed bug where horses and big cats will have their health reset every time the game loads.
- Fixed bug with horses health bar always being red.
- Fixed bug with horses / fall damage.
- Another improvement on horse riding: now you can use tools, place blocks and pick up items while riding a horse. You can also shoot arrows and use weapons. You can now only dismount a horse by using the sneak key (shift). Very handy to construct while riding a pegasus!
- Horses will suffer damage from mobs when they have the player as a rider.
- Horses will now toggle movement on/off when user right clicks on them while wearing a whip.
- Horses can now be roped and towed. You can tow as many horses as you want. You can even tow a horse while flying on a pegasus.
- The bags of the packhorse and black pegasus won't be displayed until you give a chest to the horse.
- Fixed bug with horses growing bigger than normal if fed repeatedly.
- Wolves no longer attack horses.
- Horses are also tamed instantly if given a golden apple.
- Horses now also accept cake as a breeding food.
- Horses won't be attacked by wolves if the player suffers from fall damage.
- Tamed horses can now be given a name.
- Fixed horses moving when ridden.
- Rewrote horse/dolphin riding code.
- Fixed horse/dolphin spinning bug.
- Horses no longer eat stones.
- Fixed bug with hostile mobs attacking horses even after selecting otherwise in the menu settings.
- Fixed horse and werewolf death bugs.
- Fixed bug with nightmares' special ability.
- Fixed game crashing bug when killing pack horses.
- Increased spawn rate of horses (from groups of 4 to 6).
- Fixed spinning bug when mounting horses.
- Horses will no longer eat eggs.
- You can now offer mushroom stew to horses in addition to pumpkins for reproduction.
- You can now use the torch to open the horses inventory.
- Fixed the 'undead horse glitch'.
- Fixed the horse chunk eating glitch.
- Removed sound bug when pegasus and black pegasus landed.
- Removed damage done to horse by rider.
- You can also open the horse inventory if you're holding a torch.
- Only one horse will become sterile after breeding (before, both would become sterile).
- Sterile horses won't accept pumpkins or eggs.
- Added a breeding system for horses and 3 new horses: pack horse, nightmare and black pegasus.
- Horses now get healed when fed.
- Giving an apple to a horse will tame it automatically.
- Added eating sounds to the horses so you know it is eating the food.
- Added inventory to two horses: the pack horse and the black pegasus.
- Added horses.
- Riding a horse and having a tamed bunny, turtle or bird on your head will make it run faster and jump higher than usual. When riding any flying horse, having a bunny or other small mob on your head will make the flying mount charge forward while flying.
- Giving a fairy horse equipped with a chest an essence of undead will turn it into an undead unicorn with a chest on it. This is the only legitimate way to get a chested undead unicorn.
- Jeb worked with DrZhark to implement horses for Minecraft 1.6. In the Minecraft credits, after you defeat the ender dragon, DrZhark is credited for the creation of the horse.
- Even though most horses were replaced by Minecraft horses, DrZhark has preserved most of the Mo' Creatures horses and made it so that they can be bred with Minecraft horses. Since then, Mo' Creatures horses have been renamed to "WildHorse".
- If you shoot an arrow at your horse when riding it, the horse will not take damage. It will go through the horse's body as long as they are riding it, this can be useful if you're mounting a flying horse and want to shoot hostile mobs from below.
- If you look through a dark blue fairy horse's wings at a pegasus, you can't see it.
See also Edit
- Horsemob - aggressive variants of horses.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •