Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them.
Horses are tamable passive mobs found in the Overworld.
Horses spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above, usually in herds of 2-6. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation. Zebras have a 10% chance to spawn with herds. Foals also have a chance to spawn in herds.
The WildHorse spawn egg will only spawn zebras and tier 2 horses, in the same proportion as random herd spawning.
Horses come with many types of breeds and cross-breeds. All of which have unique features and markings. Adult horses are 1.4 blocks wide and long, and 1.6 blocks high. Foals are much smaller than adults, and get progressively bigger as they age. Horses do not change once they have been tamed, (unless they have been given an essence) though tamed horses may be differentiated by giving them equipment.
- Horses feature a stocky build. They can have 1 of 15 colors and markings: white, creamy, brown, dark brown, black, bright creamy, grey spotted, pale brown, speckled (grey with white patches), pinto, bright pinto, pale speckled, white with beige spots, spotted (leopard), and cow (piebald).
- Mules have a dark, reddish-brown coat.
- Zebras have distinctive black and white striped coats.
- Zorses and zonkeys have stripes and long ears, much like zebras, but have more of a greyish coat.
- Ghost horses are transparent and green (or grey if the ghost horse is a flying ghost horses) in color with visible eye sockets. They appear to float or 'hover' on the ground, unlike other horses.
- Undead horses are green-skinned with greyish eyes, and have animated flesh on their coat.
- Skeleton horses are only bones.
- Fairy horses come in varying colors with unique wing patterns, and some of their wings resemble butterfly wings.
- Unicorns have a white coat with a long horn protruding from their head.
All horses will roam idly, occasionally stopping to rear, swish their tails, or lower their heads as though they are eating the grass. Unlike sheep, the eating animation does not actually cause any grass to be consumed. If a player comes near, the horse(s) may turn to look at them. Any winged horse (such as a pegasus) will flap its wings occasionally, but it won't fly around aimlessly, unlike wyverns. Any horse, even a wild one, will allow itself to be attached to a lead without protest. Horses remain passive, even when hit.
Horses will also open their mouths and make noises that depend on the particular horse’s variation. Normal horses make neighs and whinnies, while donkeys and mules emit brays. Ghost and undead/skeleton horses emit moaning neighs.
Horses will drop 0-2 leather upon death. Unicorns and fairy horses drop 0-2 unicorn horns, and ghost horses drop 0-2 ghast tears. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf. If armored, chested, or saddled, they will drop anything equipped.
Minecraft and Mo' Creatures horses Edit
In Minecraft 1.6, horses were added to the game, and shared the same models as Mo' Creatures horses. These horses changed and limited the spawning properties of Mo' Creatures horses.
Minecraft horses and Mo' Creatures horses may look the same, but there are some key differences that make them easier to distinguish:
- The easiest way to tell them apart is by looking at their eyes. Mo' Creatures horses have detailed eyes, complete with irises.
- There is no sound made when they are equipped with a saddle, nor can a 'galloping' sound be heard whilst riding a Mo' Creatures horse.
- Mo' Creatures horses have a health and name bar above their head if they are tamed.
- Mo' Creatures horses emit different neighs and whinnies.
- Mo' Creatures horses have slightly different textures when equipped with horse armor.
- Minecraft foals have skinny legs, but Mo' Creatures horses don't, as their limbs remain the same size from foal to adult.
- Minecraft horses have pixelated coats.
Minecraft horse speed varies, but Mo' Creatures horses mostly have the same speed. They also jump higher than Minecraft horses by up to 2 and a half blocks, and they can jump over fence blocks. Mo' Creatures horses don't take damage from suffocation or the player's fists (although they will still turn red). Strangely, Mo' Creatures horses are fireproof, but they will take damage in lava.
In order to tame a horse, it must first be given a Minecraft saddle or crafted saddle by right-clicking on the horse with the saddle in hand, this is opposite to the normal Minecraft taming method since the player has to put the saddle on the horse first in order to tame it, otherwise 'breaking' it will be more difficult and thus will result in being thrown off the horse many times.
The horse must then be given any appropriate food item to reduce its temper by right-clicking on it. Each type of horse has a certain amount of temper that must be removed before it can be tamed successfully. The player can reduce the temper of an untamed horse by giving it a specific food item (see below). Many food items will reduce temper by different amounts.
|Wheat / Hay Stack||Reduces 25 temper.|
|Sugar Lump||Reduces 50 temper (to a minimum of 25)|
|Bread||Reduces 100 temper (to a minimum of 25)|
|Apple||Tames the horse instantly without the next step.|
Giving a horse an apple is a recommended way to tame it successfully without having to mount it and therefore being kicked off many times. Once temper has been sufficiently reduced, the horse can then be mounted. It may throw the you off several times or if temper has been reduced enough, become tamed and allow you to name it.
Note: There are some horses that can only be tamed with special methods, presumably the horses that can be created involve the use of an essence on it or the parents (i.e: ghost horses, fairy horses, or nightmares). Therefore if you accidentally un-tame these horses by giving it a scroll of freedom, it can't be re-tamed and you will need to breed a new one.
Once a horse has been tamed, it is possible to breed them in order to obtain rarer horses. There are many different breeds that can be created, all with different coat colors. There are even special types that can be created with the help of a few rare drops.
The rules of horse breedingEdit
To successfully breed a pair of horses, these rules must be followed for the entire process:
- The pair of horses must not be more than 4 blocks away from each other. It is recommended that you place the two horses in an enclosure for this step.
- There must not be any other horse within 8 blocks of the breeding pair. If you find any horse(s) near the breeding pair, either kill them or move them away.
- One or both of the horses must be fed the appropriate food items to begin the breeding process (pumpkins, mushroom stew, or cake). If successful, love hearts will then appear around the horses (as shown in the picture above), similar to the particle effect that surrounds breeding vanilla mobs, these particles may fade away, if that happens, you may need to find a different horse.
- Horses must be left for half a Minecraft day (about 10 minutes) after being fed the proper item(s). Pegasus and unicorns take about a Minecraft day.
It is not graphic when horses are being bred, as Minecraft is a kid-friendly game.
The result of a successful breeding will be a foal (a baby horse) after about 5 minutes. A Mo' Creatures foal has a different appearance from baby Minecraft mobs. The baby will be a miniature version of the adult, and will be fully grown after a while with bigger sizes. Once it reaches maximum size, they will be able to breed, which can be quite difficult to distinguish with normal eyes, one method is that if they are able to be ridden on with a saddle, they are old enough to breed.
Due to a glitch, foals that are grown with bread cannot be ridden. You have to wait for it to grow up.
To breed the 'normal' horses, follow this breeding chart.
How to use the breeding chartEdit
The breeding chart is similar to a multiplication table. After finding the desired horse, look to the top horse of that column, and the far left horse of the row will show the required horse(s) to breed. By breeding those two horses, they have a chance of giving birth to that desired horse. Keep in mind that breeding horses will not always create the horse you desire, and will sometimes produce a horse that is the same type as one of the parents. If this is the case, there is no option but to try again (unless easy breeding has been turned on in the config file).
For instance, to breed the grey and white spotted horse (2nd row down, 6th column), a Minecraft white horse and black horse are needed. The small subscripted number in the top left of each horse picture represents the 'tier' of the horse. There are four tiers. Typically, the objective is to breed at least one or two tier 4 horses in order to begin breeding special horses. Once this has been worked out, the breeding chart is simple and quite easy to use.
The baby will be tamed to the player almost immediately after birth and the naming screen will then appear. The player can instantly breed the two parent horses as soon as the foal has been born, but the player has to move it to another place first. After giving the two parent horses the food items necessary for breeding, you must stay in the Overworld. If you go into another dimension, the baby will be wild and will need to be tamed like other horses.
Breeding Minecraft horses Edit
To breed a Minecraft horse and a Mo' Creatures horse, you must give the Mo' Creatures horse either a pumpkin, mushroom stew or cake. After this, it will then start the breeding process. You don't need to give anything to the Minecraft horse, as both horses will breed automatically.
There are five types of tamable Mo' Creatures horses that spawn naturally in the wild, including zebras. But there are many more that are obtainable by breeding. There are also a handful of rare special horses that require both breeding and items in order to obtain them. There are 35 types of horses that can be tamed or created, from the common horse breeds to the exotic zebra, to the incredibly rare, mythical horses such as the unicorn and pegasus.
These breeds can be obtained in a variety of ways, and provide a variety of benefits.
Natural breeds Edit
Tier 1 Edit
Note: As of Minecraft 1.6, all of these horses have been replaced by Minecraft horses.
The first tier of horses are required for making most of the cross-breeds (with the exception of tier 2 horses, since they spawn naturally). There are five breeds of horse in this tier. These horses do not spawn naturally, but can still be obtained by breeding Minecraft horses with Mo' Creatures horses.
- To get the creamy horse, breed both a bright creamy horse and a pale brown horse. This can also work with a brown Minecraft horse.
- To get a white horse, pair up a white Minecraft horse with a pegasus, fairy horse, unicorn, or nightmare.
- To get a brown horse, breed a brown Minecraft horse and bright creamy horse.
- To obtain the dark brown horse (brown with white spots), breed a speckled horse with a black Minecraft horse.
- A black horse can be obtained by breeding a nightmare, fairy horse, unicorn or pegasus with a black Minecraft horse.
Twelve breeds can be obtained through non-magical cross-breeding.
Nine of these are obtained by cross-breeding the five common horses, and their offspring, in various combinations:
Tier 2 Edit
The second tier. As of Minecraft 1.6, only three out of the four breeds of tier 2 horses can be found in the wild. This includes the bright creamy horse, speckled horse, and pale brown horse. There are four breeds in this tier.
- A pegasus, unicorn, nightmare or fairy horse can be bred with a grey spotted Minecraft horse to get the grey/dapple horse.
Tier 3 Edit
The third tier, these uncommon breeds are needed for creating the tier 4 horses. There are three breeds of tier 3 horses.
- To obtain the bright pinto horse, pair a speckled horse (tier 2) with a white Minecraft horse and breed them.
- The pale specked horse can be obtained by breeding a bright pinto horse with a black Minecraft or Mo' Creatures horse.
Tier 4 Edit
The last tier, these horses are the last and most important breeds.
These horses, unlike the the previous tiers, can be used to tame a zebra, which is why they are needed for a zorse and the special horses. There are two breeds of tier 4 horses.
- A spotted horse can be obtained by pairing a pale speckled horse with a black Minecraft horse and having them breed.
- A cow horse can be obtained by breeding a pinto horse with a black Minecraft horse.
Rare horses Edit
Once a tier 4 horse has been bred, breeding can be taken a step further to tame/breed/create the many types of special horses that this mod has to offer.
The donkey was a special type of horse. They could be equipped with a chest, and could be also bred with a horse or a zebra to create a mule or zonkey. Mo’ Creatures donkeys look almost identical to Minecraft donkeys, except for the eyes, and the stripe texture on the back. Mo’ Creatures donkeys no longer spawn due to the Minecraft donkeys replacement.
The mule is a cross between a donkey and any other type of horse. Because of this, they cannot be found naturally. They can be obtained by breeding a Minecraft donkey with any breed of horse. They look similar to donkeys, but they have a dark brown coat instead of a grey coat. Mules are sterile and can be equipped with a chest.
Zebras are unique uncommon horses that can be used to create zorses and zonkeys. To tame a zebra, the player has to give it an apple whilst riding on a tier 4 horse, another zebra or a zorse.
There is an Easter egg that involves zebras: right-clicking on any tamed zebra with any music disc will give you a zebra record in return. If played near tamed zebras, they begin dancing, and will continue to do so until the music is turned off. The music is a loop of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem.
The zorse is a cross between a horse and a zebra. Zorses can be obtained by breeding a zebra with any type of normal horse. They are important horses that are needed for creating most of the mythical horses. They are born sterile. Giving any of the four essences to a zorse creates the special horses.
The zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey that can be made by breeding a Minecraft donkey with a zebra. A zonkey resembles a zorse but with longer ears. Like mules, a zonkey can be given its own inventory with a chest. They cannot be used to tame zebras.
Undead horse Edit
Undead horses are, as the name suggests, reanimated corpses of horses. To create a tamable undead horse, simply use an essence of undead on any horse breed or cross-breed (this also includes nightmares, zorses, mules etc). The undead horse will only be temporary, however. There are also two other undead horses; the undead unicorn and the undead pegasus, both of which will lose their flesh and eventually turn into a skeleton unicorn and a skeleton pegasus, respectively.
Over time, the undead horse will lose its flesh and it will fall off, creating a skeleton horse after several "stages" of decay. Tamed undead/skeleton horses won’t burn if exposed to daylight. If an undead horse with flesh is desired, use an essence of light on it and the flesh will light up a little greener, and any exposed bone will be grown over. Using an essence of undead on a unicorn will turn it into an undead unicorn, and using an essence of undead on a pegasus or a dark pegasus will turn into an undead pegasus.
Over time, their flesh will also fall off and will eventually become a skeleton unicorn or a skeleton pegasus in the process. Undead and pegasus can fly, and undead unicorns retain the ability to charge at things. When a tamed undead horse, unicorn or pegasus is killed, several maggots will spawn in its place.Like their undead variants, skeleton horses, unicorns and pegasus will take damage from splash potions of Instant Healing.
Skeleton horse Edit
The skeleton horse is what remains of an undead horse, unicorn or pegasus after it has lost all of its flesh. A skeleton horse, unicorn or pegasus can be given an essence of light to regain its flesh again, but it won't be permanent, however.Like their undead variants, skeleton horses, unicorns and pegasus can fly, and skeleton unicorns retain the ability to charge at things. They will take damage from splash potions of healing, and can be healed with splash potions of harming.
Bat horse Edit
The bat horse is a black horse with bat-like wings (hence the name) and can blend almost perfectly in the night sky. They can be obtained by using an essence of darkness on a tamed zorse. The zorse will then transform into a bat horse within a few seconds after it was given the essence.
A bat horse can be used to create a pegasus. Tamed bat horses won’t burn if exposed to daylight. There is also an aggressive bat horse that spawns at night, but these naturally occurring horses cannot be tamed.
The nightmare is a fire-proof horse that can only be obtained by using the essence of fire on a zorse. They have an animated red coat with "embers" or "fireballs" which fly out of their coat, much like lava (however, they are purely decorative and do not cause fires or damage to entities).
Nightmares have the unique ability to leave a trail of fire behind them when a whip is used on the ground beside them. The nightmare can be ridden normally, and the effect will last for a short amount of time. It is advised, however, that you should be careful when riding a nightmare when it has its ability activated, as it may set houses or buildings on fire. It is recommended to do this in an open area where they are no wooden structures.
A nightmare can be used to create a unicorn. Unlike other horses, nightmares cannot wear horse armor. But like other horses, tamed nightmares can also be bred via the normal breeding process of Mo' Creatures horses.
Naturally occurring nightmares can also be found in the Nether, but they are hostile and cannot be tamed.
If a zombie pigman mounts a wild nightmare in the Nether, the nightmare may stop chasing the player and instead wander around aimlessly, this is because the zombie pigman on top is in control of the nightmare, and isn't hostile towards the player. The nightmare however, is still going to attack if you approach it.
The unicorn is a rare horse with a large pointed horn protruding from its head. It is obtained by using an essence of light on a nightmare. Unicorns can also be bred using two essences of light. They are also needed to obtain a fairy horse, by breeding with a pegasus with an essence of light. When a unicorn jumps, a trail of star-shaped particle effects follows behind it, and they can also glide slowly to the ground so that they take no fall damage. Unicorns are needed in order to breed fairy horses.
Unicorns can also be healed with an essence of light.
Charging EditUnicorns have the ability to charge at mobs if a whip is used on them. Keep in mind that neutral or aggressive mobs (such as big cats or ogres) will attack your unicorn if you charge at that mob whilst riding it.
The pegasus is a mystical white horse with wings. A pegasus can be obtained by giving a bat horse an essence of light above cloud level (around Y = 150). A pegasus can move faster and fly a little quicker than a bat horse, and is also needed to breed a fairy horse.Like unicorns, a pegasus can be healed by giving it an essence of light.
Dark pegasus Edit
The dark pegasus is a rarer fireproof variant of the pegasus, with a dark red coat and wings. They are also one of the hardest types of horses to obtain. They can be obtained by giving a pegasus an essence of darkness above cloud level. A dark pegasus can be given its own inventory by equipping it with a chest. A dark pegasus can fly a little slower than the pegasus.
Ghost horses Edit
The ghost horse is a rare transparent horse that can only be obtained by killing a tamed horse. There are two types of ghost horse: the normal ghost horse and the flying ghost horse. A normal ghost horse is green and can be obtained by killing any rare or tier four horse, this also includes unicorns, nightmares, bat horses, undead horses, and skeleton horses.
Flying ghost horses are grey in color, and can be obtained by killing a pegasus, a dark pegasus, a bat horse or a fairy horse. Horses have a 1/10 chance of being replaced with a ghost horse when killed. Crystal horse armor can be placed on ghost horses. A flying ghost horse is transparent, so the player gets the ability to see through water which may be handy on a multiplayer server.
Fairy horse Edit
The rarest, most colorful, and also the hardest to obtain out of all the other horses, the fairy horse can only be obtained by breeding a pegasus and a unicorn together. This is achieved by using two essences of light, instead of pumpkins, cake or mushroom stew under the normal breeding conditions, (the essence of light acts as an aphrodisiac). They both will disappear in the process of the birth. If the unicorn or pegasus was saddled, armored or chested, those will be dropped instead of being lost, as well as any contents of its inventory.
Two adult white fairy horses can be bred together by using an essence of light to obtain another fairy horse, but they will also vanish. White fairy horses can be turned into different colors by giving them dyes. Each colored fairy horse has their own different eyes, wings and particle effects. Breeding different colored fairy horses will only produce a regular horse, and since an essence of light is rather hard to obtain, is isn't very recommended.
The unavailable dye colors are:
- Light grey
Note: Fairy horses can only be dyed once. They cannot be recolored.
Both crystal horse armor and chests can be equipped on fairy horses.
Grey glitch horse Edit
The "grey glitch" horse (or bug horse in the mod files), is an unused horse that will appear if the ID of the horse is corrupted or does not exist. These textures are found in the mod, and it looks like a regular horse. It's possible that it is not in any tier. The only way to obtain this horse is by using commands, or if the player's world is corrupted. It has green eyes and a grey coat with black patches.
There is also another grey horse with invisible wings that can fly and carry a chest. It's possible that this horse is a pegasus with a missing texture. When flown, the wings do not show. It flies in a similar manner to a flying ghost horse and appears to 'glide' in the air.
Horses are one of the fastest mobs in Mo' Creatures, although big cats and wyverns can run a bit faster. They cannot fit through single block-wide openings. They can also be used to climb hills, as horses can jump high enough to clear up to five or six block heights (slightly higher than Minecraft horses).
Tamed horses can be equipped with saddles (both vanilla or crafted), horse armor (normal and rare horses only), or chests (pegasus, dark pegasus, zonkeys, fairy horses or mules only). Foals cannot be equipped with anything.
Both vanilla and crafted saddles can be equipped on a horse so it can be ridden. In order to 'break' or ride a horse, it is necessary to equip a horse with one (by right-clicking on it). It can be removed by right-clicking on the horse with shears.
Once a horse is tamed and saddled, the player can control it with standard directional controls, jump (spacebar), and the mouse. The player dismounts using the dismount control (shift). A player can use any item while riding a horse, including drinking or throwing potions; activating doors or redstone devices; using chests, crafting tables, and furnaces; breaking and placing blocks; and attacking with melee weapons or bows.
Flying horses can descend using the 'Z' key (F key prior to v10.1.0).
Mules, pegasus, undead pegasus, skeleton pegasus, dark pegasus, fairy horses and zonkeys can be equipped with chests, giving it 27 slots of inventory space. Pegasus (and their undead/skeleton variants), dark pegasus and fairy horses only have 9 slots. They can be equipped with the chest in hand, and afterwards the chest can only be removed by killing the horse, using shears, or by placing the horse in an amulet. Upon death, the horse will drop the attached chest and its contents.
Amulets can be used to store tamed or capture special horses. There are four types of horse amulets, each one can be used to capture different horses. A pet amulet can be used to catch 'normal' horses. This includes any of the breeds and cross-breeds, zebras, zorses, zonkeys, mules, nightmares, bat horses and unicorns.
- Sky amulets are used to capture pegasus and dark pegasus
- Fairy amulets are designed for storing tamed fairy horses.
- Ghost amulets are used for catching ghost or flying ghost horses.
- Bone amulets can catch undead and skeleton horses.
Sugar lumps, bread, wheat, and hay stacks can be used to reduce the temper of a wild horse, and therefore make it easier to tame. Apples and golden apples will tame a horse instantly without the need to reduce temper. They can also be used to rename a horse if need be. Golden apples can be used to breed Minecraft horses, although they're not very necessary, since giving a horse a pumpkin automatically starts the breeding process.
Pumpkins and/or mushroom stew are needed to breed "normal" Mo' Creatures horses.
Renaming a horseEdit
Horses can be renamed with a medallion, book, or name tag.
Formerly, horses could be led with a rope, but it has since been replaced with the vanilla lead. Right-clicking on any horse with a lead will get it to follow the player. It is possible to lead more than one horse at a time. This is useful if more than one horse is being led.
Unlike ropes, leads will break if their is a solid block in between the player and a mob. This is more likely to happen if the player is in a forest biome with a lead tied to a horse, as there can be lots of trees obstructing the players path.
A whip can be used to speed up a horse for a short period of time when it is being ridden. If riding a nightmare, the whip will cause the nightmare to leave a trail of fire behind. When the horse is not being ridden, the whip can be used to make the tamed horse remain stationary (the horse will lower its head), and used again to make the horse move around once more.
If used on a unicorn, it will gain the ability to ram at mobs for at least 10 seconds. Afterwards the unicorn will then move slowly as it recharges.
All four essences are necessary for obtaining rarer types of horses:
- Essence of undead - Turns any tamed horse into an undead horse, and then into a skeleton horse as time passes. It can be used to turn a unicorn or a pegasus into their undead variants.
- Essence of fire - Can be used to turn any tamed zorse into a nightmare.
- Essence of darkness - Can be used to turn any tamed zorse into a bat horse, or a tamed pegasus into a dark pegasus.
- Essence of light - Can be used to turn any tamed nightmare into a unicorn, or any tamed bat horse into a pegasus. It also makes it possible to breed unicorns and pegasus in order to obtain a fairy horse.
Horses can be equipped with either horse armor (a vanilla Minecraft item), or crystal mount armor. Horse armor can be applied to every type of horse except for donkeys, mules, zebras, zonkeys, undead horses, skeleton horses and nightmares. Crystal mount armor is a special type of armor that can only be applied to pegasus, dark pegasus, ghost horses, and fairy horses.
To remove armor off a horse, right-click on the horse with shears.
Zebra record Edit
The zebra record is part of an Easter egg that plays a loop of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem when placed in a jukebox.
Spawning horses Edit
|1.6 and earlier||/give @p 9081 1 [ID]|
|1.7 and later||/give @p MoCreatures:amuletpegasusfull 1 [ID]|
Inputting the 1.7 and later command will place a sky amulet in your inventory, which can be used to spawn a horse. Be sure to remove the brackets where 'ID' is and replace it with the desired horse ID number.
|4||Dark brown (brown with white spots)|
|6||Bright creamy (light yellow/palomino)|
|7||Grey spotted (grey with white patches)|
|9||Speckled (grey with white patches)|
|11||Pinto (red and white)|
|12||Bright pinto (beige and white)|
|13||Pale speckled (white with beige spots)|
|16||Spotted (white with small black spots)|
|45||Flying grey horse|
|53||Light green fairy|
|56||Dark blue fairy|
|10/14/15/18/19/20/29/30/31/33/34/35/37/41/42/43/44//46/47/62/63/64||Grey glitch horse|
- Fixed bug with inventories of BigCats, horses.
- Synchronized flying horse wing flapping animations and sounds.
- Horses can get ready to breed by feeding them a golden carrot.
- Increased horse health, horse speed.
- Tamed zebras 'shuffle' again.
- The nightmare burning effect lasts less than before.
- Fixed zebra 'shuffle' sound.
- Fixed amulet glitch if the player's inventory became filled during vanish animation.
- Added new server '/mocspawn' admin command which allows the player to spawn any type of horse instantly
- This command should help server admins replace pets that go missing. Valid horse types:
Tier 2: 6-9
Tier 3: 11-13
Tier 4: 16-17
Special: 21-28, 30, 32, 36, 38-40, 48-61, 65-67
An example of spawning a zorse would be:
/mocspawn horse 61
v6.1.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Fixed fairy horse breeding.
v6.0.0 DEV R3 Edit
- Fixed migrated pet amulets containing horses not spawning correctly in 1.6.
Note: You will need to remigrate any pet amulet that contained a horse back to 1.6.
- Fixed horse jumping bug showing damage animation.
v6.0.0 DEV R1 Edit
- Mo'Creatures horses renamed as wild horses.
- MoCreatures spawn only as tier 2 horses. Tier 2 Mo'Creatures horses can inbreed with vanilla Horses to obtain tier 3 and rarer horses (keeping the old breeding rules).
- Removed donkeys from Mo' Creatures.
- Hard coded certain spawn conditions: Pandas will spawn on bamboo forests, zebras on Savannas, regular horses on prairies.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Fixed bug when obtaining a white fairy horse.
- Fixed bug with nightmares when animate textures was set to off.
- Amulets now store the owner of the horse.
- Horses stored in amulets that are spawned by a player different than the owner, will become property of the player spawning them, and the previous owner will have his tamed counter reduced accordingly. This is done to allow trade of amulets without losing a taming spot on servers enforcing ownership.
- Ghost horses are now named when they spawn.
- Fixed nightmare missing texture when animate textures is set to off.
- Undead horses will show stages of decay even with animate textures set to off.
- Changes made to decrease lag caused by horses.
- Yellow and purple fairy horses now drop a full amulet when trapped.
- Fixed cyan fairy horse texture typo.
- Newborn foals obtained by breeding will trigger naming on the owner of the mother horse.
- Activated red fairy horse.
- White pegasus can now carry bags.
- Elephants, Komodos, wyverns and horses drop armor, inventory contents and bags on death.
- Fixed game crashing bug when feeding horses.
- Amulets now store name, health, armor, saddle status of horses.
- All fairy horses can now go into amulets.
- Fixed light green fairy horse texture error.
- Added seven new fairy horses.
- Horses obtained from an amulet are set to the player using the amulet.
- Horse transformation animation is synchronized in multiplayer.
- Foals and ghost horses now spawn tamed and are owned by their parent's owner.
- Horses will make noises less frequently.
- Fixed horse appearing sound.
- Fixed bug that allowed all horses to carry bags.
- Fixed game crashing bug happening rarely when breaking horses and dolphins.
- Fixed game crashing bug related to horses and jukeboxes.
- Fixed game crashing bug when breaking horses in water or lava.
- Fixed bug with cloning horses and other tamed animals (to be tested).
- Added a new fairy horse, obtained by giving the white fairy horse a light green dye.
- Ridden creatures now dive using the MoCreatures Dive key. You can now dive underwater and dive while ridding a flying horse.
- Fixed horse texture bug, framerates will improve when looking at horses, and the blank horse texture bug is fixed.
- Fixed inventory for horses.
- Fixed movement on horses.
- Fixed game crashing bugs with horse special FX.
- Tamed undead horses now 'decay' way slower.
- You can now reset your undead horses to their full flesh zombie condition by giving them a vial of light.
- Fixed game crashing bug with undead horse animations.
- Zebras are again shuffling under the right conditions.
- Fixed bug with bat horses wing animation.
- Fixed: appear and vanishing animations on horses.
- Fixed: horses, ostriches and dolphins can now jump!
THE NEW JUMP KEY WHILE RIDING IS 'F'.
- Fixed crashing bug when mounting untamed horses or dolphins.
- Fixed color shifting horse bug.
- Complete overhaul of the horses. From 8 to 35 different breeds.
Warning, updating the mod to this version will make your pegasus and other rare breeds to morph into less rare horses.
New horse breeding rules:
(refer to the chart for the possible combinations)
- Two identical horses will have the same offspring even if they're rare.
- Zebras plus any regular horse will have a zorse.
- Donkeys plus any regular horse will have a mule.
- Zebra plus donkey will have a zonky.
- Rare horses plus regular horse: will always return regular horse.
- Different mixes of rare horses will always produce regular horses, with the exception of unicorns and pegasus, that will have a white fairy horse.
- In the rest of cases: the offspring will be one of the parents (50% chance) or a new mixture (50% chance) according to the breeding chart. If you however select the easy breeding option, you will 100% of the times obtain the mixture breed instead of any of the parents' breed.
- Undead, ghost and skeleton horses are sterile.
How to obtain the rare breeds:
The key is obtaining a Zorse and using the rare essences:
- Zebra: while riding a cow, spotted horse or zebra you can approach zebras to tame them, otherwise they will flee from you.
- Undead horse: give an essence of undead to any horse. Three kind of undead horses can be obtained: regular, unicorn and flying undead.
- Skeleton horse: the undead horses will eventually turn to skeleton horses over time.
- Nightmare: give an essence of fire to a zorse.
- Bat horse: give an essence of darkness to a zorse.
- Unicorn: give an essence of light to a nightmare.
- Pegasus: give an essence of light to a bat horse while on the cloud level.
- Dark pegasus: give an essence of darkness to a white pegasus.
- White fairy: mate a white pegasus with an unicorn (they require essence of light as aphrodisiac).
- Blue fairy: give a light blue dye to a white fairy.
- Pink fairy: give a pink dye to a white fairy.
- Ghost horses: randomly appear after tier 3-4 or rare horses perish.
- Horses not following ropes.
- Fixed bug with bowl duplication when feeding horses.
- Fixed bug with horse name disappearing after riding it.
- Fixed bug where horses will jump extremely high.
- Fixed bug where horses and BigCats will have their health reset every time the game loads.
- Fixed bug with horses health bar always being red.
- Fixed bug with horses / fall damage.
- You can change the name of tamed dolphins, sharks, kitties, BigCats and horses by using a medallion or a book.
- Another improvement on horse riding: now you can use tools, place blocks and pick up items while riding a horse. You can also shoot arrows and use weapons. You can now only dismount a horse by using the sneak key (shift). Very handy to construct while riding a pegasus!
- Horses will suffer damage from mobs when they have the player as a rider.
- Horses will now toggle movement on/off when user right clicks on them while wearing a whip.
- Horses can now be roped and towed. You can tow as many horses as you want. You can even tow a horse while flying on a pegasus.
- The bags of the packhorse and black pegasus won't be displayed until you give a chest to the horse.
- Fixed bug with horses growing bigger than normal if fed repeatedly.
- Horses are no longer attacked by wolves.
- Horses are also tamed instantly if given a golden apple.
- Horses now also accept cake as a breeding food.
- Horses won't be attacked by wolves if the player suffers from fall damage.
- Tamed horses can now be given a name.
- Fixed horses moving when ridden.
- Rewrote horse/dolphin riding code.
- Fixed horse/dolphin spinning bug.
- Horses no longer eat stones.
- Fixed bug with hunters attacking horses even after selecting otherwise in the menu settings.
- Fixed deathhorse and deathWerewolf bugs.
- Baby horses look smaller. They slowly grow over time. You can't tame or saddle a baby horse. They won't despawn if they're bred.
- There is a 1/5 chance of finding baby horses in the wild (they can despawn).
- Fixed bug with nightmares' special ability.
- Fixed game crashing bug when killing pack horses.
- Increased spawn rate of horses (from groups of 4 to 6).
- Fixed wing flipping bug in birds and pegasi.
- Fixed bug that prevented horse riding.
- Fixed typo in one of the horse sound files (thanks to CrimsonCrow for the heads up).
- Fixed spinning bug when mounting horses.
- Horses will no longer eat eggs.
-You can now offer bowlsoup to the horses in addition to pumpkins for reproduction.
- You can now use the torch to open the horses inventory.
- Fixed the 'undead horse glitch'.
- ? fixed the horse chunk eating glitch.
- Removed sound bug when pegasus and black pegasus landed.
- Removed damage done to horse by rider.
- You can also open the horse inventory if you're holding a torch.
- Only one horse will become sterile after breeding (before, both would become sterile).
- Sterile horses won't accept pumpkins or eggs.
- Added a breeding system for horses and 3 new horses: pack horse, nightmare and black pegasus.
- Horses get healed when fed.
- Giving an apple to a horse will tame it automatically.
- Added eating sounds to the horses so you know it is eating the food.
- Added inventory to two horses: pack horse and BlackPegasus.
Quick guide on how to breed horses:
Rules for breeding:
- The horses to breed should be kept close (no more than 4 blocks away).
- There should be no other horses around (8 blocks).
- Sterile horses won't breed.
- You have to feed them both to start the process (suitable foods are eggs or pumpkins).
- You can not be too close (4 blocks) or they won't breed.
- It takes time (about 1/2 Minecraft day).
- The results of the breed depends on the genetic 'value' of the horses:
Light horses = 1
Brown horses = 2
Dark horses = 3
Unicorns = 4
Pegasus = 5
Packhorse = 6
Nightmare = 7
Black pegasus = 8
Depending on the sum of both parents' genetic value you have a chance of getting a rare breed:
- Sum equal 7 = chance of getting a packhorse.
- Sum equals 9 = chance of getting a nightmare.
- Sum equals 10 = chance of getting a pegasus.
- Sum equals 12 = chance of getting a black pegasus.
- Two packhorses won't give birth to a black pegasus.
- If the sum is none of the above, you will get a random horse with genetic value 1-5.
Quick guide on how to use the horses' inventory:
- You first need to give a chest to the horse. (Hold a chest in your hand and right click on the horse). Only pack horses and black pegasus will accept chests.
- To open the inventory, hold a torch or a shovel in your hand and right click on the horse.
- Added horses including unicorns and pegasus.
- For every horse you find, there is a 3% chance of finding a unicorn and only a 1% chance of finding a pegasus... so good luck!
- Added craftable horse saddles. You will require a horse saddle to ride your horse. The normal saddles that you find randomly in dungeons only work for pigs.
- Quick guide on how to tame horses: the faster/rarer the horse, the harder to tame. This is what they require to be as docile as possible before you mount them. Even after making them happy, you will have to break/ride them until they accept you. To make them docile you will need to give:
- Light horses (1 bread or 4 wheat).
- Brown horses (2 bread or 8 wheat).
- Black horses (3 bread or 12 wheat).
- Unicorns (4 bread or 16 wheat).
- Pegasus (5 bread or 20 wheat).
- Increased health of horses.
- Made spawns for unicorns and pegasus rarer.
- Decreased damage of unicorns after jumping.
- This is the currently the longest article of any mob on the Mo' Creatures wiki.
- The "WildHorse" spawn egg shares the same texture as the Minecraft horse spawn egg.
- Horses are also called "WildHorse" in-game.
- Riding a horse and having a tamed bunny, kitty, turtle or bird on your head will make it run faster and jump higher than usual. When riding any flying horse, having any small mob on your head will make the flying horse charge forward while flying.
- Giving a fairy horse equipped with a chest an essence of undead will turn it into an undead unicorn with a chest on it. This is the only legitimate way to get a chested undead unicorn.
- Jeb worked with DrZhark to implement horses for Minecraft 1.6.
- In the Minecraft credits, after the ender dragon has been defeated, DrZhark is credited for the creation of the horse.
- Even though most horses were replaced by Minecraft horses, DrZhark has preserved most of the Mo' Creatures horses and made it so that they can be bred with Minecraft horses. Since then, Mo' Creatures horses have been renamed to "WildHorse".
- If you shoot an arrow at your horse when riding it, the horse will not take damage. It will go through the horse's body as long as you are riding it, this can be useful if you're mounting a flying horse and want to shoot hostile mobs that are below.
- If you look through a dark blue fairy horse's wings at a pegasus, you can't see it.
See also Edit
- Horsemob - aggressive variants of horses.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •