|Health points||30 ( × 15)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 3 ()
Hard: 4 ()
|Spawn||Light levels of 7 or less. Wild nightmares spawn in the Nether.|
|First appearances||See History|
Undead, skeleton and bat horsemobs spawn almost anywhere in the Overworld at light levels of 7 or less.
Nightmare horsemobs naturally spawn almost anywhere in the Nether.
All four horsemobs will drop:
- 0–2 Leather if the horsemob is a bat horse or nightmare.
- 0–2 Bones if the horsemob is a skeleton horse.
- 0–2 Rotten Flesh if the horsemob is a zombie horse.
- The maximum amount of drops can be increased by 1 per level of Looting used, up to a maximum of 4.
After an undead horsemob has been killed, a slime of random size will spawn in its place.
Horsemobs spawn in dimly light areas, and behave similarly to horses; they will wander around aimlessly, and they open their mouths when they make neighs and whinnies. All types of horsemobs are hostile and will attack the player if they are within a 12-16 block radius. All horsemobs, with the exception of nightmare horsemobs, will burn and take damage in sunlight.
Both undead and skeleton horsemobs are immune to poison, will take damage from splash potions of healing, and are healed with splash potions of harming. When a zombie horsemob has been killed, a slime of random size will spawn in its place.
If a zombie, skeleton, wither skeleton or zombie pigman is within a few blocks of a horsemob, they will mount it.
Horsemobs will typically spawn using one of four different skins. Skins include rotting-green (undead/zombie), skeleton, black (bat), and red (nightmare).
- Fixed animated textures and particle Fx for horsemobs.
- Fixed movement bug on wild bathorses.
- Added aggressive mobhorses.
- Horsemobs, unlike horses, cannot be tamed by the player, nor can they be mounted or bred.
- The resources that horsemobs drop are crucial for making the four essences.
- Occasionally, when a skeleton shoots at the player whilst riding a horsemob, it will shoot the horsemob, even though its aiming for the player.
- Using a scroll of freedom on tamed bat horse, nightmare, skeleton horse or undead horse will not turn into a horsemob. Instead, it will remain passive.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern