Goats are neutral tamable mobs that can eat items.
Goats spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation, which includes males, females and kids.
Goats come in a range of colors, such as white, grey, and brown.
Goats drop 0-2 leather upon death. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Goats wander around aimlessly, avoiding cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and usually stay out of water. They are one of the few mobs that are separated by gender; males and females have different behavior.
If attacked by the player, a male goat will ram at you using their horns. Males have much larger horns than female goats, and while females can be milked, males can not. If you attempt to milk a male goat, it will attack you.
Goats are attracted to items floating on the ground, and will eat any item nearby, including diamonds. A goat will also follow you if you have any edible item in hand. Goats can also be leashed, but the goat may eat the lead if it breaks.
Male goats will fight between themselves, but they don't take damage by doing so. This is characterised by the goats lowering their heads, raising their tails and charging at each other. When a goat gets knocked back by another goat, it is possible for one to get knocked over a fence, so a higher wall or separation of males would be suggested for containment.
Goats can be tamed by feeding them any edible food item. The goat will then be able to be named. To change the goat's name, right-click on it whilst holding a book or a medallion. To heal a hurt goat, feed it with any edible item.
Despite there being male and female goats, they cannot be bred by any means.
- Decreased frequency of goat bleats.
- Fixed bug with invisible ropes on goats.
- Goats are no longer tamed by food they find, the player has to give them food by right clicking on them so they become tamed.
- Goat size changed so they can fit through doors.
- Added goats.
- Since goats eat any item on the ground, this can be very useful if you have lots of unneeded items such as dirt or leather and you don't know what to do with them.
- When harvesting crops, be sure there are no goats nearby or else they will eat the items.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •