|Health points||15 ()|
|Attack strength||1 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
Foxes are tamable mobs found in the Overworld.
Natural generation Edit
Foxes spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least two block space above, and Arctic foxes spawn in snow biomes. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation. Cubs may also spawn with adults.
Foxes come in three different colors: red-orange, light orange, and white.
Foxes will drop 0–2 fur upon death. The drops can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They also drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Foxes are neutral, and will attack the player if provoked, or any mob that attacks them.
They give chase and hunt down insects, kitties, birds or any other mob smaller than them. Foxes make high pitched squeaks when hurt or killed. Fox cubs are passive, and will flee from players and follow adult foxes. It takes at least one full Minecraft 'day' or more for fox cubs to mature. The appearance of cubs is roughly similar to that of an adult fox, having the same sized heads and bodies. Fox cubs will stay around their parents until they mature, although the parents cannot protect the cub(s) from harm.
A fox can be tamed by feeding it raw turkey. Once tamed, foxes will not attack the player.
Tamed foxes can also be healed with raw turkey. Cubs can also be tamed, and tame cubs will not flee from you and will not attack if provoked. A tamed fox can also be leashed.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Foxes now spawn cubs that follow adults and flee from players.
- Foxes can be tamed with raw turkey and healed with raw rat.
- Rope can be used on tamed birds, bunnies, foxes and turkeys.
- Added snow foxes that spawn on cold biomes.
- Scorpions and hunter creatures (lions, bears, boars, foxes) no longer spawn within 8 blocks of torches.
- Updated to latest version of foxes (1.5).
- Decreased loudness of foxes.
- Foxes now drop leather so if you want to instantly tame a horse, you're out of luck.
- Fixed bug with foxes spawning rate.
- Added foxes.
- Unlike red foxes, Arctic fox cubs share the same coat color as their parents.
- The sounds that foxes make are similar to that of squeaky toys or of small birds, despite being actual fox sounds.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern