| Essence of Darkness|
|First appearances||See History|
Essence of Darkness
|Ender Pearl +|
Heart of Darkness +
An essence of darkness has many varying effects when used on tamable mobs.
An essence of darkness can be used by pressing right-click on the mob with the essence in hand. Upon using, it will apply the corresponding effect to any of the mobs listed below:
- Using the essence on a tamed zorse will turn it into a bat horse, a rare black flying horse.
- Using it on a pegasus at cloud level will turn it into a dark pegasus, a slower variant of pegasus that is fireproof.
- Using it on any tamed scorpion will make it lay a scorpion egg.
- A panther will turn into a winged panther upon using the essence.
- Using it on an ostrich will make it transform into a wyvern ostrich, a special black wyvern-like ostrich with wings and a long tail. It can fly (although it is difficult, unless the 'spacebar' key is used in a timely fashion).
- Right-clicking on a tamed mother wyvern with the essence will turn it into a dark wyvern.
Upon using the essence, the player will get an empty glass bottle in return.
Crafting ingredient Edit
|Essence of Darkness +|
Essence of Fire +
Essence of Undead
- Added essences.
- Unlike potions, despite looking like them, an essence of darkness cannot be consumed by the player, nor cannot it be thrown. This applies with all essences.
Bone Amulet •
Crafted Saddle •
Elephant Chest •
Elephant Garment •