|Health points||40 ( × 20)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 3 ()
Hard: 5 ()
|Spawn||Solid surfaced blocks with a large block space above them|
|First appearances||See History|
Ents are tall neutral mobs.
Natural generation Edit
Ents spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with a large enough block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Ents come with two different types: oak and birch.
Oak ents will drop 0-15 sticks, 0-15 oak saplings and 0-15 oak logs upon death. Birch ents will drop 0-15 sticks, 0-15 birch saplings and 0- 15 birch logs upon death. Ents drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player.
Ents appear to wander around aimlessly, avoiding cliffs high enough to cause fall damage (despite being immune to such damage) and staying out of water. If an ent is provoked, it will give chase. Their attacks have a massive knockback, and are capable of launching players high into the air. Ents are invulnerable to all forms of damage except for axes.
Ents have the ability to create a 3x3 square of plants (flowers, mushrooms, saplings, grass and ferns). This will replace any blocks in the 3x3 area, and also attracts small creatures, such as insects.
- They are invulnerable to almost all damage, making any attempts to kill them with a sword or bow useless. Their only weakness is an axe.
- An axe with the Sharpness enchantment is useful, due to their high health points.
- Keep distance from the ent after attacking it with an axe.
- Having boots enchanted with Feather Falling is recommended to reduce fall damage after being thrown up by an ent.
- Fixed game crashing bug when ents were planting flowers.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Ents now plant all of the flower varieties.
- Fixed possible client crash when ents attacked tamed animals.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Added ents.
- Ents are based on the ents from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy world Middle-earth.
- Ents are the tallest mobs in Mo' Creatures. Even fully grown mammoths, ogres, and fully formed big golems are smaller in comparison.
- Even though ents drop a lot of loot, it's not really worth the risk of being launched up into the air and injuring yourself or dying to get some sticks, logs and saplings. You can get more of these from a single tree than you can by killing ents. Killing ents with an axe also uses up its durability more.
- Mushrooms can be created by ents in light levels of 13 or higher, despite mushrooms needing light levels of 12 or less for them to grow or be placed by the player. If the area next to the mushrooms receives a block update however, they will become uprooted
- Ents can be seen from quite a distance due to their size.
- Ents are not affected by the /kill command. The game says "killed Ent", even though the ents are still there.
- When an ent attacks the player, it makes the same smack sound as male goats when they fight each other.
- If left alone for a while, it is possible for an ent to make a small group of trees or a small forest consisting of oak or birch trees.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern