|Health points||4 ()|
|Spawn||Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
Ducks are common passive mobs.
Natural generation Edit
Ducks naturally spawn on grass blocks with 2 blocks of free space above it at light level of 9 or more, and spawn in groups of 2 upon world generation.
Ducks are small mobs with a green head and light brown body.
Ducks drop from 0 to 2 feathers when killed. The amount of feathers dropped is affected by the Looting enchantment. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Ducks are 0.7 blocks tall and 0.4 blocks wide.
Ducks appear to wander around aimlessly, and usually swim in water. When falling they will flap their wings quickly and fall slowly, making them immune to fall damage. Despite this, they will still avoid falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage.
Ducks are based on the chicken model, although they have a different texture and make different sounds. Ducks can be heard quacking occasionally. They do not lay eggs like chickens.
They share some behaviors with other passive mobs, including chickens:
- They are drawn to light when in a dark environment.
- When struck, they run around quickly and aimlessly.
- They can swim, visibly flapping their wings as they stay on the surface.
- If given wheat, they will show love hearts, which disappear after less than 20 in-game ticks. However, this doesn't mean that they can be bred.
When swimming, ducks need two blocks of air above their heads or else they will take damage when they float up and will eventually die.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Fixed ducks taking fall damage.
- Ducks now drop feathers.
- Ducks now 'flap' their wings.
- Added ducks.
- In the mod files, ducks have an unused 'plop' sound, which is the sound chickens make when an egg is produced.
- Ducks share the same animation as chickens.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern