|Health points||25 ( × 12.5)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 3 ()
Hard: 4 ()
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops||Reptile Hide (0-2)|
Crocodiles are hostile mobs that spawn in swampland biomes.
Natural generation Edit
Crocodiles spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above in swampland. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
When killed, each crocodile will drop 0 to 2 reptile hide. This can be increased with the Looting enchantment. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Crocodiles often remain still, with their jaws agape. When not resting, they wander around aimlessly. They will attack the player on sight from within a 16 block radius. They will occasionally attack other mobs, including horses.
Prior to DEV v8.0.0, if a crocodile had caught the player, he/she could try to get free by punching it, but not all of the hits would land.
This was the crocodile's "death roll", and once caught, it would try to drag the player into the water. The player could easily escape a crocodile by pressing the shift key, and therefore 'dismounting' it. The death roll, however, has since been removed due to glitches.
- They can walk slightly less than the player's walking pace. Try to stay out of their range if you are low on health or don't have decent protection.
- Use an iron or diamond sword to kill them, as they have high hitpoints (slightly more than that of a zombie or skeleton).
- A bow can be used to take out crocodiles from a distance.
- Don't be fooled by a 'sleeping' crocodile, they are ready to attack and their speed can surprise you.
- They are very aggressive and fast in the water.
- Check any areas of swampland where crocodiles may have spawned.
v8.0.0 DEVa Edit
- Crocodile 'death roll' animation needs to be fixed, it has been deactivated for now.
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Crocodiles won't attack players in creative mode.
- Fixed bug where crocodiles wouldn't attack players.
- Fixed bug out of sync - crocs when trapping prey (untested).
- Fixed croc jaw snap sound bug.
- Added crocodiles.
Crocodiles will roam around near beaches, sometimes they will remain static.
Don't be fooled by a 'sleeping' crocodile, they have a burst of speed at the beginning of the attack.
Whatever non small creature that gets near them will be attacked.
The crocodiles will try to carry their prey to the water, were they'll perform a death roll.
If a crocodile has caught you, you can try to get free by attacking the crocodile. Not all the hits will land.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern