|First appearances||See History|
Chitin is a versatile crafting material. It is primarily obtained as a drop from scorpions and manticores.
There are four types of chitin:
- Chitin: Dropped by dirt scorpions and green manticores.
- Cave chitin: Dropped by cave scorpions and dark manticores.
- Frost chitin: Dropped by frost scorpions and snow manticores.
- Nether chitin: Dropped by nether scorpions and fire manticores.
Chitin is used to craft the four types of scorpion armor sets. If you gather enough chitin of the same kind to create a full set of armor, it will give you a special effect when worn. It takes 24 pieces of chitin to make a set of scorpion armor of the same type.
Crafting ingredient Edit
- Scorpions drop either sting or chitin. The sting is a short lived weapon with special properties, causing poison, slow, confusion or fire on the targets.
The stings can be used to craft swords that last longer and hit stronger. With chitin, armour can be forged. A full set of armour confers a special ability.
- In real-life, chitin is a component that makes up the exoskeletons of invertebrates such as arthropods and cephalopods.
Bone Amulet •
Crafted Saddle •
Elephant Chest •
Elephant Garment •