Butterflies are small passive mobs that have many unique wing patterns.
Moths are variants of butterflies with larger wings.
Natural generation Edit
Butterflies and moths spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Butterflies come in seven different colors: orange-black (colour sergeant), speckled orange-yellow (Indian fritillary), black with red bands (red admiral), white with spots (small white), broad yellow (common emigrant), reddish-orange (small tortoiseshell), and bright blue (blue morpho).
Butterflies and moths drop nothing other than 1 to 3 experience when killed.
Butterflies fly and wander around aimlessly like other insects. They show conspicuous, fluttering flight when in the air. Butterflies will sometimes follow the player if they're holding flowers. Like other insects, butterflies can trigger pressure plates, scale up blocks and take damage from the Bane of Arthropods enchantment.
Though they do not react to the player's presence most of the time, butterflies can be hard to kill due to their small hitbox and flying ability.
v5.2.0a DEV Edit
- Fixed crash when accessing butterfly in the GUI.
- Added moths.
- Fixed butterfly flying animation bug.
- Butterflies will sometimes follow players holding flowers.
- Added butterflies.
- Moths share the same Entity ID as butterflies, and thus will sometimes spawn from the butterfly spawn egg.
- When the game is paused, you can see butterflies or moths hovering up and down in the air, even if they aren't flying.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern