|Health points||10 ()|
|Attack strength||1 ()|
|Spawn||Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops|| Raw Porkchop (0-2) |
|Sounds|| Idle & Hurt
Boars are common neutral mobs.
Boars are about 1 block tall.
Boars spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more. Herds of boars spawn upon natural generation, and piglets may also spawn.
Boars drop 0–2 pieces of raw porkchops and 0-2 hide upon death. The porkchops will be raw even if the boar was set alight and killed. Piglets will also drop porkchops and hide. Boars also drop 1–3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Boars typically roam the Overworld in groups of 4.
Boars act similarly to passive mobs; they wander aimlessly, avoiding falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and will usually stay out of water. Boars can be heard oinking occasionally. If a boar is provoked, or if the player gets too close to it, the boar will give chase and attack the player. Piglets will also attack the player if provoked.
Boars attack small mobs occasionally, such as foxes, raccoons, insects or turkeys. Like other baby animals, boar piglets will follow adults and eventually grow into adult boars. Boars cannot be bred, unlike pigs.
- Boars will now drop either hide or raw pork.
- Boars now use the pig sounds.
- Changed boars and bears models.
- Scorpions and hunter creatures (lions, bears, boars, foxes) no longer spawn within 8 blocks of torches.
- Reduced default frequency of boars and wild wolves.
- Added boars: attack only prey smaller than them (including bunnies!). Boars will also attack you if you get really close.
- The old boar model was basically a re-textured pig with tusks.
- Boars will still drop raw porkchops upon death, even if they were set alight.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern