|Health points||8 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least one block space above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Blue grosbeak
Natural generation Edit
Birds spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 1 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Birds drop 0-2 feathers when killed. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Birds wander and fly around aimlessly, singing or chirping occasionally; each bird variant comes with its own unique song. They usually stay out of water. They are 'shy' mobs, and will fly away from the player or any mob when approached. They will remain in the air until the player or entity moves away from them.
Birds are attracted to seeds on the ground, and will eat any if nearby.
If wheat has been harvested near a bird, it will eat the seeds. This can also happen if a bird lands on your crops and uproots them. It is recommended to build a roof on farms or to keep birds away from crops to avoid an early harvest.
A bird can be tamed by throwing seeds (by pressing Q) on the ground and then right-clicking on the bird with seeds after it has eaten the seeds in the ground. This can be rather difficult to achieve, however, as the bird(s) will fly away from you whenever you get close. Taming birds requires patience.
Once the bird has been named, it will become tamed. Right-clicking on the tamed bird will place it on your head, much like a bunny or turtle. Tamed birds will not despawn, and can also be healed with seeds. Like untamed birds, tamed birds will eat any seeds on the ground if nearby. Birds can also be leashed without protest.
If there is a bird on the player's head, it will allow the player to glide, making he/she immune to fall damage. This can also allow the player to perform long-distance horizontal jumps.
Taking care of birdsEdit
When making an enclosure for birds, be sure to keep them in so that they don't fly out, as birds tend to fly around occasionally. It is advised to build a roof on top of the enclosure to prevent escape. Glass may also be optional as birds may fly into the ceiling of a solid roof and suffocate.
Birds will typically spawn using one of six different skins. Skins include white (mourning dove), blue (blue grosbeak), black (crow), green (parrot), red (cardinal), and yellow (canary).
v6.0.0 DEV R5Edit
- Fixed birds, certain insects and deer not being afraid of the player.
- Fixed possible NPE with birds.
- Tamed birds won't be named every time they eat Seeds.
- Pets can be healed: bunnies with carrots, birds with seeds and scorpions with raw or cooked rats.
- Rope can be used on tamed birds, bunnies, foxes and turkeys.
- You can now name your tamed birds, bunnies and snakes by using an amulet or book.
- Fixed pet mounting (birds, bunnies, snakes, turtles, kitties).
- Increased bird's health and disabled inWall damage for tamed MoCreatures, to decrease loss of tamed pets.
- Fixed bird feet thanks to Xotano.
- Fixed bug with birds not riding minecarts.
- Fixed wrong sound when lifting a tamed bird.
- You can pick up tamed birds that can help you glide.
- Fixed bugs: wraiths with big heads, sharks dropping stone, birds spawning bug, shark eggs becoming leather, menu text cropped and albino dolphin spawning.
- Tamed birds will eat seeds again.
- Fixed wing flipping bug in birds and pegasus.
- Once tamed, birds won't eat seeds (they still will be attracted to seeds).
- Some performance tweaking on the birds (decreases CPU load).
- Other minor tweaks to the birds' AI.
- Changed the bird's wings (thanks to KodaichiZero).
- Artificially increased spawn rate of birds.
- Made birds tamable: they won't despawn after eating seeds, and they won't be scared by the player after tamed.
- Added birds.
- If a horse is ridden with a bird on top of your head, the horse will gain an incredible speed boost, making it nearly impossible to control it.
- Birds can be used to glide safely from heights without the risk of falling to one's own death.
- For the sake of ambience, birds are attracted to trees, and may fly around or land on them.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern