|Health points||8 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least one block space above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Blue grosbeak
Birds are flying tamable mobs.
Natural generation Edit
Birds spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 1 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 2-4 during world generation.
Birds come in six different colors: red, green, black, blue, white, and yellow.
Birds drop 0-2 feathers when killed. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Birds are passive mobs, and will never attack, even if you hit them. They are able to fly. When approached by a mob or the player, they will fly up into the air or away from them.
If there are trees nearby, a bird will fly to the nearest tree, although sometimes they will get stuck under a tree if they are trying to fly on top of it. They do a search around and when they find leaves, they look for wood blocks. Once wood is found they look for the treetop. A bird will remain in the tree until the entity moves away from them.
Birds tend to hop on the ground often instead of walking. They can be also heard singing or chirping occasionally. They usually stay out of water, but if in water, they will try to stay afloat by flapping their wings. Birds are attracted to seeds, and will eat any seeds within a few blocks of the bird. If the player is harvesting wheat, any bird(s) nearby will fly over to come and eat the seeds.
There is a risk to an early harvest if the birds happen to land on the crops and uproot them, thus eating those seeds. This can be prevented by having a tamed wolf, cat or other pet sit near the crops to scare the birds off, or building a roof over farms.
To tame a bird, drop seeds on the ground and then right-click on the bird after they have eaten the seeds, which will show the naming screen. Taming birds can be difficult to achieve, as it requires patience, and you will need to keep your distance so the bird can eat the seeds.
A tamed bird on the ground will go on its player's head, if the player right-clicks on the bird. With a bird on your head, the player can perform long-distance horizontal jumps, and will also be immune to fall damage.
Tamed birds can be healed with seeds, either by dropping seeds at the bird or right-clicking.
v6.0.0 DEV R5Edit
- Fixed birds, certain insects and deer not being afraid of the player.
- Fixed possible NPE with birds.
- Tamed birds won't be named every time they eat Seeds.
- Pets can be healed: bunnies with carrots, birds with seeds and scorpions with raw or cooked rats.
- Rope can be used on tamed birds, bunnies, foxes and turkeys.
- You can now name your tamed birds, bunnies and snakes by using an amulet or book.
- Fixed pet mounting (birds, bunnies, snakes, turtles, kitties).
- Increased bird's health and disabled inWall damage for tamed MoCreatures, to decrease loss of tamed pets.
- Fixed bird feet thanks to Xotano.
- Fixed bug with birds not riding minecarts.
- Fixed wrong sound when lifting a tamed bird.
- You can pick up tamed birds that can help you glide.
- Fixed bugs: wraiths with big heads, sharks dropping stone, birds spawning bug, shark eggs becoming leather, menu text cropped and albino dolphin spawning.
- Tamed birds will eat seeds again.
- Fixed wing flipping bug in birds and pegasus.
- Once tamed, birds won't eat seeds (they still will be attracted to seeds).
- Some performance tweaking on the birds (decreases CPU load).
- Other minor tweaks to the birds' AI.
- Changed the bird's wings (thanks to KodaichiZero).
- Artificially increased spawn rate of birds.
- Made birds tamable: they won't despawn after eating seeds, and they won't be scared by the player after tamed.
- Added birds.
- Birds are based on many real-life species:
- The green bird is based on the group of parrots.
- The yellow bird is based on the canary.
- The black bird is based on crows.
- The red bird is based on the cardinal, although it may also be based on the Northern cardinal.
- The white bird is based on the mourning dove.
- The blue bird is based on the blue grosbeak.
- Birds don't have hurt or death sounds, unlike many other mobs.
- If a horse is ridden with a bird on top of your head, the horse will gain an incredible speed boost, making it nearly impossible to control it.
- Birds can be used to glide safely from heights without the risk of falling to your own death.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern