Birds are small, passive tamable mobs found in the Overworld.
Birds spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 1 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Birds drop from 0 to 2 feathers when killed. They drop 1 to 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Birds act like most other passive mobs; they wander and fly around aimlessly, and usually stay out of water. They are 'shy' mobs, and will fly away from you when approached. They will remain in the air until you move away from them. Birds are attracted to seeds on the ground, and will eat any nearby. However, if wheat has been harvested near birds, they will eat the seeds. This can also happen if a bird lands on your crops and uproots them. It is recommended to build a roof on farms or to keep birds away from crops to avoid an early harvest.
Birds can be tamed by right-clicking on them with seeds in hand after dropping seeds on the ground. The bird will eventually eat the seeds, then you need to right click on them, and the naming screen will appear.
Once the bird has been named, it will become tamed. Right-clicking on the tamed bird will place it on your head, much like a bunny. If there is a bird on the player's head, it will allow you to glide, making you immune to fall damage, as well as giving you the ability to perform long-distance horizontal jumps. Tamed birds will not despawn and they can be healed with seeds. Like untamed birds, tamed birds will eat any seeds on the ground if nearby. Birds can also be leashed.
When making an enclosure for birds, you need to be sure to keep them in so that they don't fly out, as birds tend to fly around occasionally. It is advised to build a roof on top of the enclosure to prevent escape. Glass may also be optional as birds may fly into the ceiling of a solid roof and die.
There are six different types of birds in Mo' Creatures. Each bird variant comes with its own unique sound and model.
- If a horse is ridden when a bird is on top of your head, the horse will gain a speed boost, making it nearly impossible to control it.
- Some mobs, such as kitties, boars, foxes, raccoons, grizzly bears, or black bears, will attack birds.
- Birds can be used to glide safely from heights without the risk of falling to one's own death.
- For ambient purposes, birds are attracted to trees, and may fly around or land on them.
v6.0.0 DEV R5
- Fixed birds not being afraid of the player.
- Fixed possible NPE with birds.
- Tamed birds won't be named every time they eat Seeds.
- Birds can now be healed with seeds.
- A rope can now be used on tamed birds.
- The player can now name tamed birds by using a medallion or book.
- Fixed pet mounting with birds.
- Increased health of birds.
- Fixed bird feet.
- Fixed bug with birds not riding minecarts.
- Fixed wrong sound when lifting a tamed bird.
-The player can pick up tamed birds that can help them glide.
- Fixed bird spawning bug.
- Tamed birds will eat seeds again.
- Fixed wing flipping bug in birds.
- Once tamed, birds won't eat seeds (they still will be attracted to seeds).
- Some performance tweaking on birds (decreases CPU load).
- Other minor tweaks to the birds' AI.
- Changed the bird's wings.
- Artificially increased spawn rate of birds.
- Made birds tamable: they won't despawn after eating seeds, and they won't be scared by the player after being tamed.
- Added birds.
Big Cat •
Elephant / Mammoth •
Komodo Dragon •
Manta Ray •
Medium Fish •
Small Fish •