|Health points||8 ()|
|Spawn||Opaque blocks with at least one block space above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Sounds|| Blue grosbeak
Birds are flying tamable mobs.
Natural generation Edit
Birds spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 1 block space above. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation.
Birds come in six different colors: red, green, black, blue, white, and yellow.
Birds drop 0-2 feathers when killed. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Birds are passive mobs, and will never attack, even if you attack them. They are able to fly. When approached by the player or a mob, they will either fly upwards or away from them. They will remain in the air until the player or mob moves away from them.
Birds also tend to hop on the ground often. They can be also heard singing or chirping occasionally; each bird type comes with its own unique song. They usually stay out of water. Birds are attracted to seeds on the ground, and will eat any if nearby.
If wheat has been harvested near a bird, it will eat the seeds. This can also happen if a bird lands on your crops and uproots them. It is recommended to build a roof on farms or to keep birds away from crops to avoid an early harvest.
Birds are attracted to trees, and will fly around or land on them.
They can be tamed by throwing seeds (by pressing Q) on the ground and right-clicking on them after they have eaten the seeds. This requires patience, as you will need to keep your distance so the bird can get to the seeds. When tamed, right-clicking on them will place them on your head. The player can perform long-distance horizontal jumps, and is also immune to fall damage. Tamed birds can be healed with seeds.
v6.0.0 DEV R5Edit
- Fixed birds, certain insects and deer not being afraid of the player.
- Fixed possible NPE with birds.
- Tamed birds won't be named every time they eat Seeds.
- Pets can be healed: bunnies with carrots, birds with seeds and scorpions with raw or cooked rats.
- Rope can be used on tamed birds, bunnies, foxes and turkeys.
- You can now name your tamed birds, bunnies and snakes by using an amulet or book.
- Fixed pet mounting (birds, bunnies, snakes, turtles, kitties).
- Increased bird's health and disabled inWall damage for tamed MoCreatures, to decrease loss of tamed pets.
- Fixed bird feet thanks to Xotano.
- Fixed bug with birds not riding minecarts.
- Fixed wrong sound when lifting a tamed bird.
- You can pick up tamed birds that can help you glide.
- Fixed bugs: wraiths with big heads, sharks dropping stone, birds spawning bug, shark eggs becoming leather, menu text cropped and albino dolphin spawning.
- Tamed birds will eat seeds again.
- Fixed wing flipping bug in birds and pegasus.
- Once tamed, birds won't eat seeds (they still will be attracted to seeds).
- Some performance tweaking on the birds (decreases CPU load).
- Other minor tweaks to the birds' AI.
- Changed the bird's wings (thanks to KodaichiZero).
- Artificially increased spawn rate of birds.
- Made birds tamable: they won't despawn after eating seeds, and they won't be scared by the player after tamed.
- Added birds.
- Birds are based on many real-life species:
- The green bird is based on the group of parrots.
- The yellow bird is based on the canary.
- The black bird is based on crows.
- The red bird is based on the cardinal, although it may also be based on the Northern cardinal.
- The white bird is based on the mourning dove.
- The blue bird is based on the blue grosbeak.
- Birds don't have hurt or death sounds, unlike many other mobs.
- If a horse is ridden with a bird on top of your head, the horse will gain an incredible speed boost, making it nearly impossible to control it.
- Birds can be used to glide safely from heights without the risk of falling to your own death.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern