| Big Golem|
|Health points||50 ( × 25)|
|Attack strength|| Easy: 2 () |
Normal: 2 ()
Hard: 3 ()
Easy: 3 ()
Normal: 4 ()
Hard: 5 ()
|Spawn||Light level of 7 or less on the surface of the Overworld.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Common drops||Any block(s) that formed its body|
|Rare drops||See Drops|
Big golems naturally spawn on the surface of the Overworld in light levels of 7 or less. They cannot spawn underground.
When a big golem spawns, it initially consists of only three blocks: its head, core and ore cube. This cube can either be a block of iron, gold, diamond or emerald.
When a big golem is killed, it will drop all of the blocks that were part of their body, including the valuable ore cube. This cube can either be a block of iron, gold, diamond or emerald. They will not drop this block if they are killed with a bow, killed too quickly, or if the mobGriefing gamerule is set to false. They also drop 5 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
A big golem will only begin to form its body and put on its shield if the player is within a 16 block radius, and will remain passive if the player remains out of its 16 block range. However, a big golem that is throwing blocks at the player can see you from a much further distance.
When a big golem notices the player, it will start to gather blocks in the nearby environment. When the golem forms itself with blocks, it first creates the arms, and after that, the legs. The golem can walk around as soon as its knees are formed.
As a big golem suffers damage, it becomes more dangerous. A hint of the danger level of the golem is the aura surrounding it, which is the same color as its ore cube.
When a big golem forms its body, they will take any solid blocks from the surrounding landscape, which can result in the destruction of your home or other buildings. Big golems have a powerful melee attack, and also have a ranged attack, where the golem throws one of the blocks of its arms.
When passive, their core is blue with an aura surrounding the rest of its body. It will turn yellow when you approach it, and thus begins forming its body. The aura will turn orange when the big golem has sustained considerable damage, and will become red when its about to explode.
In the yellow and orange stages, it will pick blocks out of its surroundings. When a big golem is attacked, there is a chance to destroy one of its blocks. The chance of destroying a block depends on the difficulty. If the core of the big golem is exposed, it will suffer damage. After the big golem has taken sufficient damage and hasn't been killed afterwards, it's aura will begin to turn red and eventually, the big golem explodes.
Big golems can only be harmed with a melee weapon in the red stage. Sometimes however, when attacking, they will go back to one of the previous stages to recover its armor. Red is also seen in a big golem about to explode.
A big golem's biggest weakness is its speed; chops down its legs, and the golem wouldn't be able to move anymore, and then you can kill them much more easily. If you destroy all of its blocks, the core will be exposed.
Big golems will constantly try to acquire replacement blocks. Every time a block is acquired, the big golem is healed (the amount of the healing varies with the difficulty). Attack it when given the opportunity otherwise it will be harder to defeat.
- Improved big golem throwing block accuracy.
- Fixed big golem duplicate glitch.
- Fixed bug where big golems would not collect blocks on flat surfaces.
v6.1.0 DEVR1 Edit
- Fixed dupe exploit with big golems.
- Fixed golems picking up bedrock.
v6.0.0 DEV R5 Edit
- Fixed textures of blocks used by golems.
v6.0.0 DEV R2 Edit
- Fixed big golem crash.
- Fixed big golem not being added to CMS after world load.
- Fixed bolem block duping with mobGriefing set to false.
v5.2.0a DEV Edit
- Added new golemDestroyBlocks option which controls whether or not big golems can break blocks.
- Golems will now respect the mobGriefing game rule.
- Big golems spawn less frequently.
Adjustments to the big golems:
- Added golems:
- Golems spawn at night, and initially consists of only three blocks: the head, the core and a valuable ore cube. When the golem is near a player, it activates and forms its body.
- Golems have a powerful melee attack, they also have a ranged attack, where the golem throws one of the blocks of its arms.
- When a golem is attacked, there is a chance to destroy one of its blocks. The chance of destroying a block depends on the difficulty level. If the chest is open and the core of the golem is exposed, it will suffer damage.
- As the golem suffers damage, it becomes more dangerous. A hint of the danger level of the golem is the color of its power aura. Blue is seen in a golem that is not attacking. Yellow on a golem that has started attack, orange on the golem that has suffered considerable damage. Red is seen on a golem about to explode.
- The golem will constantly try to acquire replacement blocks. Every time a block is acquired, the Golem is healed (the amount of the healing depends also on the difficulty level)
- It may be wise to look for shelter when the golem power aura is red, as there is not too much time before the golem explodes.
When a golem dies, it drops all of the blocks that were part of its body (including the valuable ore cube).
- The big golem's texture (found in the mod files) shows what blocks it can use to form its body.
- If the block(s) around the golem can't be used by it, they will float towards the golem, but instead of the golem forming itself, the block(s) will disappear, and a metal "clang" sound will be heard, similar to an anvil placing sound.
- Big golems can absorb bedrock into their body, which will leave a hole in the void, though the bedrock doesn't appear on them, and instead drops as an item.
- This can allow you to enter the void in survival mode.
- When a golem collects blocks to form its body, the blocks will damage other mobs around it and make them attack the big golem. If two big golems are forming near each other, their blocks will not damage each other.
- Big golems may drop blocks which can only be obtained with the Silk Touch enchantment such as ice, glass, mycelium, etc. if they had them on their body when killed.
- Being near a big golem in creative mode will still trigger their aggressive state.
- Mini Golem - A smaller and weaker variant of this mob.
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern