| Big Cat|
|Health points||25 ( × 12.5) to 40 ( × 20)|
|Attack strength||3 () to 11 ()|
|Spawn||Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.|
|First appearances||See History|
|Drops||Big Cat Claw (0-2)|
Big cats are tamable mobs found in the Overworld that have many variants.
Natural generation Edit
Big cats spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least 2 block space above. Some big cats can only spawn in certain biomes; leopards and panthers spawn in jungles, lions and tigers spawn in plains, forest, roofed forest etc and snow leopards spawn in cold biomes. Big cats often spawn in groups of 4 of their own species during world generation.
There is a 1/20 chance for a white lion, lioness or tiger to spawn.
They will also drop anything equipped, such as a saddle, a chest, and all the items in their inventory.
Big cats wander around aimlessly; they will avoid walking off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage, and usually stay out of water. They open their mouths occasionally, and when they do, they emit loud roars and growls. They often swish their tails from side to side.
Big cats are very aggressive, and will sprint and chase down their prey, this can range from a small ant, to wolves, to boars, and deer. This also includes the player. If a big cat is attacked by another mob, it will fight back. Like bears, big cats will attack other mobs when hungry. Once a big cat has made a kill, it will be satisfied and will not be aggressive until it is hungry again.
Tamed big cats won't attack each other or other mobs, unless another mob attacks it first.
Big cats are one of the few mobs in Mo' Creatures that are able to sprint, and will run towards the player to attack.
Wild big cats will become aggressive and attack the player if a whip is used within a 3-5 block radius of it.
To tame a big cat, raw porkchops or raw fish needs to be dropped (default control is Q) near a wild cub. Once the cub eats the food, the player has to right-click on the cub with a medallion. After doing so, the naming screen will appear.
To rename a big cat, right-click on it with a medallion, book or name tag. Big cats can be healed by feeding them raw porkchops or raw fish. It will take at least 20 minutes (1 Minecraft day) or more for a cub to grow into an adult. Smaller big cat species take less time to grow into an adult.
- Each species of big cat has different behavior. Keep that in mind when dealing with tigers, white tigers, lionesses and snow leopards, which attack on sight.
- If you're looking to get big cat claws, use a bow and shoot the big cat(s) with it from a distance (preferably out of their radius and/or with the Power enchantment).
- If a quicker kill is desired, you can also 'spam attack' them with a sword at close range. Although this won't be very effective in the 1.10 versions of the mod, due to the attack cool-down. An iron or better axe, however, deals more damage than a sword.
- Due to their high amounts of health, speed and attack strength, big cats should be avoided if you have little or no protection on Normal or higher difficulty.
Feeding tamed big cats raw fish, raw porkchops, raw beef, or raw rabbit together in an enclosed space will activate love mode. It doesn't matter if the food is given to them with right-click or thrown at them. If successful, love hearts will show around the breeding pair, and after around 5-10 minutes, the cub (either the same type as one of the parents or a hybrid) will be produced and the naming screen will appear.
Depending on the variations of the parent big cats, the offspring can be one of several types, or even a hybrid. The offspring will grow progressively larger with time until they reach their full size. The naming screen will also appear as soon as the offspring is produced, and, once named, will be tamed to the player.
- Breeding two lions, panthers, tigers, leopards, snow leopards etc. will produce a big cat cub of the same species as the parents.
- Hybrids: Breeding a species of big cat with another species will produce a combination of the two parents, and the offspring will have a unique coat. See the Variations section for more details.
Unlike horses, the breeding pair does not need to be kept away from other big cats, but they do need to be kept close in order to breed, therefore it is recommended to place them in a fenced area. Winged big cats, ghosts and hybrids are sterile and cannot be bred.
Beside hybrids and ghost/winged big cats, there are also several species that can't breed with other species, these include snow leopards and white male and female lions.
White lions and white tigersEdit
White lions and white tigers can't be obtained from breeding the two normal variants. To successfully breed a white lion or tiger, you will need to tame the white lion or tiger in the wild, then find its mating partner, which can either be a normal or a white variant of the same species. Note that the offspring can still be a normal variant if one of the parents is also a normal species.
Big cats are one of the fastest, if not the fastest mountable mobs in Mo' Creatures. They are even faster in the air.
Big cats can wear either vanilla or crafted saddles so they can be ridden. Once a big cat is tamed and saddled, the player can control it.
A player can use any item while riding a big cat, including drinking or throwing potions; activating doors or redstone devices; using chests, crafting tables, and furnaces; breaking and placing blocks; and attacking with melee weapons or bows (bows can be rather useful to snipe hostile mobs from below on winged big cats).
A ridden big cat can run very fast (at least 12-13 blocks per second). Winged big cats also fly relatively fast, and are much faster than a pegasus or fairy horse, as well as minecarts. They can even be combined with speed potions. A ridden big cat can be made to jump, and holding the spacebar key will allow the big cat to fly, and Z to descend (if it has wings).
If a big cat has been given a chest, it will acquire 18 inventory slots. The chest can be accessed by holding down shift and then right-clicking on it.
Chests can be given to a big cat by right-clicking on the big cat with the chest in hand, and afterwards the chest cannot be removed, except by killing the cat, placing the big cat in a pet amulet, or with shears. Upon death, the big cat will drop the attached chest and its contents.
Big cats can be made to sit by either right-clicking on the ground or the big cat with a whip. When stationary, they will not move. You can toggle between them sitting and moving around by right-clicking the ground with a whip. A player cannot mount a saddled big cat whilst holding a whip (or any other item that requires the use of right-click).
There are nine big cats that spawn naturally in the Overworld, but many more big cats can be obtained with the use of essences and breeding.
There are at least 21 types of big cats.
Lions are the only big cats separated by gender. An essence of light can be used on a tamed normal male lion or white lion to give them wings so that they can fly.
Lion coloration is usually orange-brown, with the exception of white lions. The underparts are generally lighter and the tail tuft is black. One of the most distinctive features about lions is that male lions have a large mane, but female lions lack manes. The way to tell the difference between a male and a lioness cub is by looking at their neck; male cubs have small black manes, however, it is more difficult to to tell the difference between a male and female white lion cub.
It is possible to breed white lions with normal lions.
Tigers are large big cats, and are one of the most recognisable species, due to their pattern of dark vertical stripes on reddish-orange fur with a lighter underside. Like lions, there are rarer white tigers. White tigers can be given wings with an essence of light to create a white winged tiger.
Panthers are small big cats. They are technically black variants of leopards (much like real life panthers). An essence of darkness can be used on a panther to create a winged panther. Winged panthers share the same wing textures as black manticores and bat horses.
Leopards are small big cats covered in spots. Unlike most big cats, leopards cannot be given wings.
Snow leopards are similar to leopards, but are only found in cold biomes such as ice plains.
Ghost big catsEdit
Ghost big cats are rare cats that have a chance of spawning when a tamed big cat has been killed. They are transparent, or see-through, and also float on the ground, much like ghost wyverns and ghost horses.
Ghost big cats are sterile, and as a result cannot breed with other big cats.
Hybrids are the offspring of two big cats of different species. Most, if not all hybrid big cats vary in size, and also have unique markings.
A liger is one of the largest, if not, the largest out of all big cats. They can be obtained by breeding a male lion with a tiger. Like lions, a liger can be given wings with an essence of light, creating a winged liger.
A liard is the result of breeding a male lion with a leopard. They are about the same size as a lioness, and slightly smaller than a male lion.
A panthard is a small hybrid big cat obtained by breeding a leopard and a panther.
A leoger can be obtained by breeding a tiger and a leopard together. They are larger than leopards, and also have stripes like tigers.
A lither is the cross between a male lion and a panther. They are mostly black but have a yellowish-brown underside and paws.
A panthger is the offspring of a panther and a tiger. They look almost exactly like panthers, but are much larger (about the size of a tiger) and have black stripes.
Prior to v8.1.0, big cats have different models.
- Fixed hybrid big cats and pet amulet bug.
- Tamed ligers can obtain wings by receiving an essence of light.
- BigCats move faster.
- Hybrid big cats are now separate entities.
- Fixed bug with inventories of BigCats, horses.
v8.1.2 and v8.2.1Edit
- Fixed bug where ghost big cats will revert to normal cats after reloading game.
- Fixed bug where amulets will disappear from tamed big cats.
- Tigers and leopards now show chests.
- Added more big cat hybrids (thanks to Cybercat5555): leoger (between leopard and tiger), pangther (between panther and tiger), liard (between male lion and leopard) and lither (between panther and male lion).
- BigCat overhaul, split the big cats into their own categories: lions, tigers, panthers, leopards.
- BigCats can be tamed by giving pork or raw fish to a cub.
- Big cats can mate by giving them pork or raw fish and keeping them in an enclosed space.
- White lions and white tigers are a rare spawn with a 1/20 chance.
- Ligers are obtained by breeding a male lion with a tiger.
- There is a hybrid between panther and regular leopards.
- Giving a dark essence to a panther gives it wings.
- Giving a light essence to a male lion, white male lion or liger will give it wings.
- There are ghost versions of the big cats that can be obtained randomly when a tamed big cat dies.
- Winged big cats, ghost big cats, hybrid big cats and manticore pets are sterile (they can't breed).
v6.0.0 DEV R5 Edit
- Fixed attributes given to sub-types of creatures (i.e. different bigcat speeds).
v5.2.0 DEV Edit
- Big cats now check surrounding bigcats and will try to spawn the same species.
- Crocodiles, Komodos, sharks, big cats won't attack players on creative mode.
- Tamed kitty and bigcats will drop medallions on death.
- Fixed bigCats sizes, health, attack and attackrange features.
- Fixed bug that prevented BigCat cubs from being tamed.
- Fixed bug with bigcats attacking unrelentlessly.
- Fixed bug with lions and bears not attacking livestock.
- Reduced spawn rate of lions.
- Added option to heal BigCats by giving them rawfish or rawpork.
- Fixed bug where horses and BigCats will have their health reset every time the game loads.
- Fixed bug with BigCats, dolphins, werewolves and kitties not finding targets.
- Changed name tag height in the big cats to improve its visibility.
- you can change the name of tamed dolphins, sharks, kitties, BigCats and horses by using a medallion or a book.
- Tamed horses, BigCats, dolphins and sharks can now be given a name. To set or change a name, right click on the animal while holding a medallion. To toggle individual name displays on/off, right click on the animal while holding any pickaxe.
- To tame a BigCat, you will have to throw pork or fish near a small cub and then put a medallion on it.
- Tamed BigCats will no longer fight between themselves.
- Tamed BigCats will not destroy drops.
- Added sitting stance for BigCats.
- Added a way to identify tamed cats with the medallion.
- Added sounds to deer and different sounds for BigCat cubs.
- Added whip to control BigCats and horses:
- Horses and BigCats will stay put when a whip is used near them (within 12 blocks). Also if you right click on a tamed horse or BigCat, you can toggle them between moving and staying.
- Fixed bug with snouts being off 1 pixel when rotating head in bigcats, bears and wild wolves.
- Added several new big cats: tigers, cheetahs, snow leopards, panthers.
- Heavy modifications to the BigCat's AI.
- Female lions and tigers will always attack the player if within range. Male lions, panthers and cheetahs will some times attack the player.
- Wild cubs will seldomly spawn. If you throw raw pork or raw fish near a small cub, you will tame it and it won't despawn or attack you. Once it grows to adult size, it will fight mobs. Cubs will attack any other animal smaller than themselves. Bigger (almost adult) cubs won't be tamed.
- BigCats will attack only when hungry. They will also eat raw pork or raw fish when hungry. Once they eat or kill a prey, they'll stop being hungry for a while.
- BigCats of different breeds will fight amongst them. Bring on the catfight!
- BigCats will drop BigCat claws when killed. There is no use for that item yet.
- Increased attack range of lionesses.
- Lionesses are now more aggressive than lions.
- Added female lions.
- Male lions will not attack female lions.
- Female lions are less aggressive towards the player.
- Lions, bears and wolves wont hunt in peaceful difficulty.
- Major changes to A.I:
- Lions will now attack other animals, including other lions and bears.
- Bears won't attack lions, but they will attack any other animals.
- Wolves will attack pigs, chickens and sheep, in addition to players during the night.
- Reduced bear spawn rate to 1/3.
- Reduced the attack range of the lion in Hard difficulty from 16 to 6, and in Normal difficulty from 6 to 4
- Decreased lion spawn rate to 1/3.
- Big cats are called "BigCat" in-game.
- Big cats replaced the lions that were part of the initial release for the Mo' Creatures mod.
- In real life, snow leopards are rarely aggressive towards humans, but in Mo' Creatures they will always attack the player when in range.
- All big cat species make the same sounds as lions.
Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Panda • Piranha • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern